ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE:UPDATE:GE JUNE 8 2017... HERE

Failure

14 Feb 2017, 16:12

Got told that I will have a meeting 2 weeks as to why I could not complete a walk last week. As the management are not happy that I was not able to.

Just to note the walk I was on had I would say over 3/4 not taken out the day before as they had no cover. So I had to take out that lot of mail, packets and the mail, packets for the current day. I informed them I could not do it due to the increase workload but they werent having any of it. Stating the usual, its only so and so time, bs, etc.

Lapsing was also left the day before, which eventually was taken off me. But I again informed them I could not complete on time. Again not having any of it. Before I left I told them I'll get on with it but chances are I will have to bring stuff back.

End of, I did bring stuff back and now I am being told they are not happy and they will look into it and may be conducted because of it.

I am not concerned at all as I feel I did what I could and I told them whats what.

That aside where do I stand?

Also the regular walk person was back and was told to take what I brought back out, but leave the days current mail for someone to cover. I have no idea why the regular duty holder was allowed to take only the previous days mail which was less than 1/4 and I had to take 2 days mail the day before. I will have to check with the regular duty holder though to see if that did happen. If it did that would be unfair to me as it was a really quiet day when he was back so taking what I left out would of been easily doable.

How is it my fault, if management failed to cover the walk? I did my best and I was not going to break my back to finish it due to their mismanagement. Surely if I am going to be conducted then the managers on the day should be too! I was just unlucky to be put on the walk to try get them out of the crap. And I just find it funny how, if I did go over my time there would of been no problem, claiming overtime even though they keep saying they don't have the budget too!

I feel like they are trying to make an example out of me to all the other posties.

Failure

14 Feb 2017, 18:04

if you worked till your time and you specifically told them this and followed the correct cutting off procedure, then there is absolutely f**k all they can do. don't just get a yes man rep in with you though. go higher if necessary.

Failure

14 Feb 2017, 18:06

Ask them to produce the report showing that they reported the previous days mail as a walk failure, as well as the mail you brought back the next day

I imagine they won't be so eager to pursue it after that :whistle

and don't go into any meeting without your rep

Failure

14 Feb 2017, 18:39

Job is a joke we have full walks that don't go out for a couple of days at a time due to no staff yet this nonsense goes on elsewhere .

Failure

14 Feb 2017, 20:06

I am planning to bring in my rep and someone else who I know won't take no crap.

So what does it mean to a manager if I ask for a report on the walk failing the day before and when I was on it?

Is there anymore questions or anything else I can use to give the manager a difficult time. I'm definitely not going to take the crap anymore and I'm going to fight my case because I know I have done nothing wrong.

Thanks guys

Failure

14 Feb 2017, 20:28

If a walk fails they have to report it as a failure

odds are they didn't ( lots of questions and paperwork are involved in a failed walk from much higher up than their boss)

if they didn't and are found out then big trouble for them

Personally I think you followed procedure, might not be a bad idea to gather a statement from any witnesses to you telling them you could not complete

Sounds like they are trying to scare you into not doing it again but I might be wrong

Failure

14 Feb 2017, 20:41

I will get the names of witnesses tomorrow.

Thanks feduppostie. And yeah they have threatened me before with formal warnings but nothing. This time though I am not having it.

I will ask for the failure reports, and fingers crossed they haven't reported it.

I know that they made sure most tracked, signed parcels were taken but they left everything else. I did however find 1 signed for not delivered. Does this mean anything when they do stuff like this, making sure items that need scanning are delivered?

What also slowed me down was the fact managers prepped the walk, and I found plenty of missorts, both packets and mail while I was out trying to complete the walk.

Failure

14 Feb 2017, 21:26

If you find out that they didn't report a duty failure you could email moya (email address in courier) and let them know in detail whats going on. Your manager could possibly get sacked over this, so it's not a decision to take lightly, after all it's someones job, but even a threat to do it may work.

Failure

14 Feb 2017, 21:38

Managers are just trying to scare you
There is absolutely nothing they can do about
It.
simple you worked to your time nothing
Wrong with that

Failure

14 Feb 2017, 22:13

I'm not scared at all, worse comes to worse I get a formal warning big woop. I am just fed up of this sort of behaviour from the management, blaming us for their failure to manage. Always telling us we are not doing our jobs but in reality they are not and just stand around having a numerous coffees, smokes etc.

Yeah its someone job, but trying to get me in trouble for something I am not at fault at all and making me stressed about my job security? Then they have to accept the consequences of what might happen when someone actually fights back for once. They just have themselves to blame not me or anyone else.

Is there anything else that can help me in the interview?

Slightly getting stressed now even though I know I shouldn't be

Failure

15 Feb 2017, 17:39

report the bstard to the regulator :cuppa

Failure

15 Feb 2017, 18:08

If you do get a formal warning, I hope you're not going to take it lying down,that is outrageous. Asking for failure reports is a brilliant tactic,that will tie them up in knots trying to,find any kind of reporting. Sometimes the management of this organisation defies belief.

Failure

15 Feb 2017, 20:44

rubberbond wrote:If you do get a formal warning, I hope you're not going to take it lying down,that is outrageous. Asking for failure reports is a brilliant tactic,that will tie them up in knots trying to,find any kind of reporting. Sometimes the management of this organisation defies belief.

Thing is this kind of stuff has been happening to me a lot the past year and now its come down to an actual investigation. A stupid investigation which I know I was screwed over when management could not cover the walk on the previous day and I happened to be put on it. I feel they are trying to shift the blame to me to save their own backsides and as I have been causing problems with them in the past they are now just trying to push me and make my colleagues see the stress its causing of speaking out and standing my ground.

I hope I can put up a fight but it is just getting a bit much now. Constant and same arguements everytime, made to feel like I'm lazy, slow etc when I know I work as hard as anyone else. Being embarassed infront of all my colleagues. Being talk like a child, the list goes on

I like the job but I am thinking is it even worth it anymore. It seems to be a lose lose battle everyday.

Failure

16 Feb 2017, 23:36

They may have also failed their own responsibilities in respect of the Overunning Deliveries Procedures. You have notified them that you do not think that you will be able to complete because of the mail carried forward from the previous day. They have not agreed with your point of view and should have made you aware of the reasons for their point of view before you left to do your walk. They should also have arranged a time to contact you approx 1 hour before your end of duty time to see how you were getting on and if you were still unable to complete, to make arrangements with you to get the excess mail picked up. It is their responsibility to ensure that all mail and packets for that day are delivered, not your responsibility. If they have not conformed to the above they have failed their responsibilities. Make sure that this is brought up and advise your rep or representative before you attend any meeting.

Failure

17 Feb 2017, 09:00

One of the managers have said that there is a new rule that allows mail to be left if it cannot be covered. Does this sound right to you?

I thought I could be strong in this situation but I am suffering now with lack of sleep, headaches etc.

Wilful delay has been mentioned and I am quite literally shocked at this.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2