ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

STOP THE CWU GRAVY TRAIN

13 Feb 2017, 03:32

Hi all just a quick insight to my office 5 CWU reps are work time coaches this must be a conflict of interests plus if you stand against them that just happened in January this person was intimidated went sick then withdrew from the the election.I hope CWU HQ read this to see how for £36 a week their attitude is don't rock the gravy train iam alright jack :arrrghhh ps Who do you turn to if you have trouble with your coach?
Last edited by harrybean on 13 Feb 2017, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.

STOP THE CWU GRAVY TRAIN

13 Feb 2017, 07:06

have a quiet word with them after hours no witnesses mind :shock:
they would stab all their so called colleagues in the back for the sake of 30 quid scumbags

STOP THE CWU GRAVY TRAIN

13 Feb 2017, 12:01

it seems to be trend in Cwu H&S Reps now workplace coaches in Royal Mail letters maybe you can ask the question to HQ CWU how many Reps are workplace coaches .

STOP THE CWU GRAVY TRAIN

13 Feb 2017, 12:57

I know a rep who's a work place coach and I think it works well because sometimes people land themselfs in crap with what they write on the forms when they are coached, but when it's a rep he can advise them better

STOP THE CWU GRAVY TRAIN

13 Feb 2017, 16:56

i am a rep and a workplace coach how do you think i get to earn 35 to 40 thousand a year with my ghost overtime just keep your noses out :cuppa

STOP THE CWU GRAVY TRAIN

13 Feb 2017, 17:15

slinder123 wrote:i am a rep and a workplace coach how do you think i get to earn 35 to 40 thousand a year with my ghost overtime just keep your noses out :cuppa

:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle

STOP THE CWU GRAVY TRAIN

14 Feb 2017, 22:15

Our reps are to friendly with management

STOP THE CWU GRAVY TRAIN

15 Feb 2017, 10:04

edwardo wrote:Our reps are to friendly with management

My rep is friendly with management but without being up their arses. I don't see the problem with being friendly as this could actually help members and I have known him to get people off potential conduct charges and i feel if he wasn't friendly with management then this may not of happened.

STOP THE CWU GRAVY TRAIN

15 Feb 2017, 12:11

Not many old school union reps left.Its always been a ploy from management to try to get good reps into suits. Now they just give them £35 and call em coaches.
In my opinion any cwu rep,that wants to be a coach,aint worth jack squat. Unless he stands down from being a rep.
Definately a conflict of interest. There are no union reps at our mail centre that are coaches. Just wouldn't happen. Get onto your branch sec to sort it.

STOP THE CWU GRAVY TRAIN

17 Feb 2017, 18:38

Mrunity wrote:
edwardo wrote:Our reps are to friendly with management

My rep is friendly with management but without being up their arses. I don't see the problem with being friendly as this could actually help members and I have known him to get people off potential conduct charges and i feel if he wasn't friendly with management then this may not of happened.

Define "up their arses" :Very Happy

I know what you are driving at - and this seems to be the way of things where I am - "lets all be grown ups and work together" type of thing.
But TBH I reckon all this "being on friendly terms" business can work against the union and its members way more than it can work for them. It works for management, that I do know - information is power :wink:
But the rep, IMHO, is too often compromised.
Being a rep, for a small minority, is unfortunately a way of feathering their own nest and climbing the ladder - but for others that aren't they are being unwittingly compromised, I would suggest, by being "friendly" with management.
Be polite and be professional - but management can't be our friends in this business I'm afraid.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1