ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : INFORMATION ON SEVERE WEATHER THREADS... HERE

Leave weeks and bank holidays - do you get a day in lieu?

11 Jan 2017, 17:33

As the subject states, it's a grey area that's never been cleared up in my office - if you are off on a leave week, during which there is a bank holiday, do you automatically get that day given back or do you only get it if it was your scheduled day off? And if it's the latter, surely that's open to abuse in the case of reserves with no set day off, who will be told "no, it wasn't your day off, your day off was saturday ;liar :left: "

11 Jan 2017, 17:43

Are you talking about annual leave or a wallington week?

If you book a weeks annual leave containing a bank holiday, it should be credited back to you there and then. There should be a column on the right hand side of your leave sheet showing any bank holiday credits.

If you are talking about a wallington week, then a day in lieu will need to be credited manually by a manager, or you can of course take overtime for the bank holiday instead.

In either case, yes you are entitled to a day in lieu if your week off has a bank holiday in it.

11 Jan 2017, 21:29

providing your work schedules are set up correctly on PSP then in the event of a bank holiday on a week a/l the system will only take 4 days leave from you if it was scheduled to be your day off ( thr bank holiday), so you don't need to reclaim it, it is never taken in the first place

If you need to check ask to see the entry on PSP for you for that week and take note of the hours used - for full timers a full week would be 39 on a bank holiday week it should be reduced by the amount of hours normally worked on the bank holiday

For wallington weeks ( or the variations) the bank holidays would need to be held locally, and should also be available to view on request

11 Jan 2017, 23:56

I'm talking about annual leave - my DOM has allocated me weeks off that include bank holidays as well as non service days, the latter of which I assume I will not get back?