ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Customer calling the driver a liar

16 Jun 2017, 07:23

Does this happen in other depots..
One of our drivers called at a house and the customer appeared not to be home,so he left a 739 card and left it in the nearest post office,
The customer then contacted the depot and said,at first,that the driver didn't call at her house,and that he simply took it straight to the PO.
When the lady in the callers office asked how she knew that her parcel was in the PO,she said because she had a card,,
so the driver DID go to your property then?..ummm errrr,,
The customer went to the PO and kicked off,and said that she was going to make an official complaint,,so the callers office rang the driver and said that they believed the customer was right when she said that he didn't knock the door,,
so the driver said,,,Do you honestly believe that I would locate this house,,park up out of sight,write out a 739 card,quietly sneak up the gravel path,,gently slide the 739 through the letter box,,then tip toe back to my van?..and drive off laughing my nuts off,?..she said,,yes,,go back and apologise,,for not knocking the door,,,so the driver went back,,filmed himself walking up the gravel path,,filmed himself knocking the door hard,,filmed the curtains moving,,and it wasn't the wind because the windows were shut,,and guess what,,,the customer appeared to be,,not at home again,,and guess what,,,no apology from the depot management for calling the driver a liar either,,,it will make interesting reading when this customer makes a complaint,,and the driver submits his video evidence.

16 Jun 2017, 21:19

Worked for parcelforce as a driver for 10 years and this happened every now and then. If your manager knows you are a good driver with hardly any complaints (apart from whackos like these) then he should take your side and not make you apologize for not doing anything wrong ! Next time there is a delivery for this address just cover yourself and film it , I did it to all my fruit loop customers and now and again it solved these kind of problems.

20 Jun 2017, 17:56

As they can pinpoint exactly where you were when you triggered "not at home" through Blackbay, the driver should never have been disbelieved and that should have been the end of the matter.

22 Jun 2017, 10:38

eric the viking wrote:As they can pinpoint exactly where you were when you triggered "not at home" through Blackbay, the driver should never have been disbelieved and that should have been the end of the matter.

unfortunately,,the delivery office management are not born with brain cells,,they are only employed by Parcelforce because the goverrnment shut down Remploy.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1