ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Commons Select Commitee enquiry into Owner Drivers

12 Jun 2017, 08:02

With the election now over ,I await with interest Frank Fields inquiry into the self employed status of Owner Drivers within the courier industry.
This investigation is looking into the ways that courier companies,including Parcelforce,operate the business,using self employed couriers.
Parcelforce insist that Owner Drivers get their vehicles liveried up in Parcelforce logo and colours at their own expense, and Frank Field has demanded that PF clarify this point as,,how can the courier be classed as self employed if he has to livery up his own vehicle at his own expense and is then restricted to carrying only PF parcels.,also the practice of charging ODs 250 quid a day for non attendance,,either through illness or other circumstances is also questionable,,and I know from personal experience of an OD who was refused permission by the depot manager in Newport to attend his fathers funeral..and as he could not afford to lose a days pay AND be charged 250 for non attendace,,he had to attend work,,I have since discovered that the decision to offer time off in those circumstances is at the depot managers discretion,and that PF would absorb the cost.,
You can make your own judgement on the depot manager,
It has also emergered that PF offer favourable rates to favoured couriers rather that adhering to the agreed contract,which is discrimatory.
I await Frank Fields conclusive report on this issue .,should make for very interesting reading and the courier companies should be very worried.

12 Jun 2017, 08:09

Frank-Field-to-Gary-Simpson-Parcelfoce-7-03-2017.pdf
Frank-Field-to-Gary-Simpson-Parcelfoce-7-03-2017 (1).pdf

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

07 Jul 2017, 15:08

The Taylor Review (Into employment law and the gig economy) is due to publish it's findings next week and is apparently going to be quite hard hitting with regards to these firms exploiting the 'self employed' status of their workforce, hopefully bad news for a lot of our competitors Hermes dpd, Yodel, Amazon etc

07 Jul 2017, 15:15

wacko74 wrote:The Taylor Review (Into employment law and the gig economy) is due to publish it's findings next week and is apparently going to be quite hard hitting with regards to these firms exploiting the 'self employed' status of their workforce, hopefully bad news for a lot of our competitors Hermes dpd, Yodel, Amazon etc

Parcel Force didn't get away scot-free viewtopic.php?f=18&t=80628

07 Jul 2017, 16:22

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
wacko74 wrote:The Taylor Review (Into employment law and the gig economy) is due to publish it's findings next week and is apparently going to be quite hard hitting with regards to these firms exploiting the 'self employed' status of their workforce, hopefully bad news for a lot of our competitors Hermes dpd, Yodel, Amazon etc

Parcel Force didn't get away scot-free viewtopic.php?f=18&t=80628

But the rivals I've mentioned base pretty much their ENTIRE business strategy and ability to compete in the market on exploiting and abusing the gig economy with their 'self employed' workforce... What percentage of the PF workforce are self employed or OD's?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1