ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Parcelforce Manpower Delivery Driver **New Start**

25 Oct 2016, 12:28

HI,

I've just been told that I have passed stage 2 of the vetting process and will be starting with Parcelforce Worldwide as a Delivery Driver in mid November.

Ive not got any Delivery Driving experience and was looking to find out if anyone has in fact started with Parcelfoce Worldwide under Manpower as a Delivery Driver recently?

few questions:

Are you given a Sat Nav device or is it all done by reading a map to plan your route's?

I'm coming out of a full time permanent office postion for a change in career. Is there plenty of work?

How are we paid? Is there a weeks lying time and is there anything different about being paid through an agency rather than Parcelforce themselves?

All in all, i'm really looking forward to starting, i absolutely love driving and this is something that i have always wanted to do believe it or not. I just want to know a few things so that im not going in blind on my first day. Any little hints or tips would be greatley appreciated.

Thanks

SM

25 Oct 2016, 20:51

Hi, well done in the new job. If I was you I would invest in a Sat nav. Maps are available but too slow unless you know the area, which I don't think you will. We are trialing new manifests at the moment which are supposed to put your parcels in drop order! You will be given all the left over parcels and I wouldn't think you will be on a regular route for a while. Which area are you in? You will be kept busy, we are just coming upto our busy time of the year, in fact it gets quite crazy upto xmas and it will be a bit of a shock to the system after office work! Go luck.

26 Oct 2016, 09:27

wakwak wrote:Hi, well done in the new job. If I was you I would invest in a Sat nav. Maps are available but too slow unless you know the area, which I don't think you will. We are trialing new manifests at the moment which are supposed to put your parcels in drop order! You will be given all the left over parcels and I wouldn't think you will be on a regular route for a while. Which area are you in? You will be kept busy, we are just coming upto our busy time of the year, in fact it gets quite crazy upto xmas and it will be a bit of a shock to the system after office work! Go luck.

Thanks!

I've got a decent, modern Sat Nav already that should do the trick so thats good to know.

I'm from Clydebank (Glasgow) and I had my practical test in a long wheel base van at the Cambuslang Depot. I beleive this will be the area or surrounding areas I will be working in going forward.

I'm glad to hear that I will be kept on my toes and that I'm in the door at the right time for this to happen. Im currently working for The Daily Record in Advertising so as you can imagine, im kept busy all day, every day with deadlines coming out of my ears. Im no stranger to pressure but feel that I need to be out and about instead of stuck behind a computer all day.

Really looking forward to this!

Thanks again!

29 Oct 2016, 15:05

what I do,,is ignore the manifest and put my parcels in postcode areas,,as my delivery area is Cardiff city centre,,my postcode area would be,,CF 10.1/CF10.2/CF10.3,and CF 24.O..so you know that all your parcels for the one postcode area are pretty much in the same area,,you will not be doubling back,,,sounds like you will be getting the s**t all the regular drivers leave off,,good luck,

01 Nov 2016, 22:08

cantonkid1955 wrote:what I do,,is ignore the manifest and put my parcels in postcode areas,,as my delivery area is Cardiff city centre,,my postcode area would be,,CF 10.1/CF10.2/CF10.3,and CF 24.O..so you know that all your parcels for the one postcode area are pretty much in the same area,,you will not be doubling back,,,sounds like you will be getting the s**t all the regular drivers leave off,,good luck,

I've heard that what your doing is much easier by the sounds of it. I'm not expecting to walk straight into a cracking run so I'm not that bothered. As long as the hours are there for me to work and I'm not getting sent home early or told not to come in because as I said before, I'm leaving a full time permanent role to come to Parcelforce. Understandably I'll be a "tea boy" at the start but I don't mind as long as I'm out there earning and getting experience.. I'm in it for the job and not looking for any easy shifts.. quite the opposite

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1