ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE


Advice needed 24hr contact just doesn't work

12 Aug 2017, 17:16

I was currently a 4day week on a a24hr contract the mangers have changed it to over 5days now staring at 10am finshing at 14:40 it clearly Dose not work I approached the manger I suffer with combat ptsd and all the changes cause me anexity I'm always walking In getting throw van keys never knowing what's were cos it's been packed for me. I've explained I can't work over and there not interested.i asked is there anyone I can call to ask for my 4day week back as I try to fit therapy sessions in on those days and was told there don't know who to ring. I am classed as mental impaired and I thought Royal Mail would support that what could I do to get it resolved.
Nicky9177
Online

Posts: 6
Joined: 13 Apr 2017, 15:07
Gender: Female
Top


Advice needed 24hr contact just doesn't work

12 Aug 2017, 17:47

Well they have changed your contract and it does not suit you Question 1 are you in the CWU union? Question 2 have the start and finish times caused you stress and did you tell them before hand they would do so. The good thing these days is you can take these scumbags to a tribunal these days since the events of the last few weeks good luck to you!

Advice needed 24hr contact just doesn't work

12 Aug 2017, 17:53

Not part of the CWU yet I've just got the application form to join. And it doesn't state in my contract days or hours just says 24hrs but doing it over 5days has me starting at 10am and finshing earlyier than anyone and I'm the driver so there no it doesn't work

Advice needed 24hr contact just doesn't work

12 Aug 2017, 18:03

Nicky9177 wrote:Not part of the CWU yet I've just got the application form to join. And it doesn't state in my contract days or hours just says 24hrs but doing it over 5days has me starting at 10am and finshing earlyier than anyone and I'm the driver so there no it doesn't work

Have you raised your concerns with management then that is a starting point also make a note of what is said and if possible have a witness or record it on your phone secretly good luck to you!

Advice needed 24hr contact just doesn't work

12 Aug 2017, 18:17

I asked who I needed to speak to to get it resolved and the mangers reply was dunno And the other Manger just said there not interested it upset me and I'm think off just not going in at all next week

Advice needed 24hr contact just doesn't work

12 Aug 2017, 18:54

You need to talk to them it may be hard now but have it out now with them do as I said keep a note. But this job is hard now you will get confrontation with management customers and work colleges and with your own commitments at home and other. Get it sorted and even if you don't ever start the job you will be at peace with yourself at the end of the day it's just a job!

Advice needed 24hr contact just doesn't work

12 Aug 2017, 18:57

You need to join the CWU sharp.

Also when you do speak to the Equalities Officer at branch level.

PTSD IS covered by the Equality Act.

Royal Mail need reminding of their Forces Covenant.

Moya Greene said: “Royal Mail is pleased to be signing the Armed Forces Covenant and we are proud to be an armed forces-friendly company. There has been a close link between Britain’s postal service and the military for nearly 200 years. Many current Royal Mail employees are ex-servicemen and women or reservists, and have played - and continue to play - a key role in keeping the UK safe. They also play a fundamental part in delivering Royal Mail’s high quality service to homes and businesses across the country.

“We believe it is important that Royal Mail continues to support them both within and outside of our business.”

Advice needed 24hr contact just doesn't work

12 Aug 2017, 19:08

If only mental health difficulties were as visible as physical problems, employers up and down the country would treat them better. Or if they actually had education on mental health illnesses and respect them.

Until then people with mental health illnesses will continually be treated like s**t.

Advice needed 24hr contact just doesn't work

12 Aug 2017, 19:18

Mobey wrote:If only mental health difficulties were as visible as physical problems, employers up and down the country would treat them better. Or if they actually had education on mental health illnesses and respect them.

Until then people with mental health illnesses will continually be treated like s**t.

Royal Mail don't care physical problems or family friendly issues they just don't care most of the time you will only find out which type of management you have by talking to them but most are top down controlled fear monkeys for their own jobs!

Advice needed 24hr contact just doesn't work

12 Aug 2017, 19:21

just feel like walking tbh ive explained that over 4days I'll work over all there need but 5days is exhausting me mentally I got a stage 1 for being off due to ptsd and when I explained it was covered under the equality act he gave me it anyone and stated on it that he isn't aware it covered under it

Advice needed 24hr contact just doesn't work

12 Aug 2017, 19:43

Nicky9177 wrote:just feel like walking tbh ive explained that over 4days I'll work over all there need but 5days is exhausting me mentally I got a stage 1 for being off due to ptsd and when I explained it was covered under the equality act he gave me it anyone and stated on it that he isn't aware it covered under it

Hence the need to keep notes of anything said by managers If they employed you with a noted condition and kept them informed of said condition the onus is upon you keep notes of everything! The trouble with these managers are they cannot manage anything even tying their own shoe lases is beyond them never mind helping someone who needs helping as we all do at some point in time! Thing is it is only going to get worse for us all let's be honest when you have to have too lose a days pay to bury your uncle and others don't says everything about corruption never mind two job's MOYA GREENE!

Advice needed 24hr contact just doesn't work

12 Aug 2017, 19:46

Very few conditions or illnesses are covered automatically under the Equality Act. It will depend on the impact it has on your daily life and the reasonable adjustments Royal Mail can make to your work life.

What you need is support from your GP and any specialists involved and support from your CWU branch.

Advice needed 24hr contact just doesn't work

12 Aug 2017, 20:04

It's compelx ptsd derpression,anxiety I think my gp would fully support me has I've had to half my medication just so I can function daily I've yet to inform him off that :crazy: I don't want to leave the job I actually really enjoy it the outside work clears my head but fighting with the mangers is tough there just don't seem to care

Advice needed 24hr contact just doesn't work

12 Aug 2017, 20:11

k979aaa wrote:
Mobey wrote:If only mental health difficulties were as visible as physical problems, employers up and down the country would treat them better. Or if they actually had education on mental health illnesses and respect them.

Until then people with mental health illnesses will continually be treated like s**t.

Royal Mail don't care physical problems or family friendly issues they just don't care most of the time you will only find out which type of management you have by talking to them but most are top down controlled fear monkeys for their own jobs!


Trust me Royal Mail isn't unique in this. There's worse employers out there.

@Nicky. As pointed out above mental illnesses are definitely covered by the equality act like you said.

I wouldn't walk even though you feel like it and I completely understand how the situation is making you feel. If you have another job lined up that's good, but don't just quit. It will have an impact if you want to claim benefits.

Asda are apparently good at taking on ex service people.

SSAFA might be able to support you.

https://www.ssafa.org.uk/about-us

Advice needed 24hr contact just doesn't work

12 Aug 2017, 20:28

was it not explained to you at interview what the duty patterns could be? It usually is one of the questions that they have to tick to make sure you understand that your duty patterns could be flexible

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3