ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

1 in 6 Saturdays

10 Aug 2017, 15:19

Is it national agreement that every employee should be entitiled to 1 in 6 Saturdays off even if they are reserve. If so, could someone direct me to where I can find the national agreement?

1 in 6 Saturdays

10 Aug 2017, 15:47

its not so much finding the agreement its getting the backing of your fellow workers to make it happen which they will not do as long as they get theres thats the sad state of agreements they just dont work unless you pressurise the dom good luck :cuppa

1 in 6 Saturdays

10 Aug 2017, 16:16

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55259

1 in 6 Saturdays

11 Aug 2017, 00:11

Get a seniority list of the reserves.
Go down the list so they reserves get the pick of what duties are available for the next week.
They should then in the interest of fairness...
Have the day off of the duty they are covering,if it's 'Bobs' duty and it's a Sat off then they have that.If 'Bob' was on it he would have that day off wouldn't he!
Get some kind of aggregate list,that way you can keep an eye on who's had Sat's off,if some,even if they are low on seniority in the list have not had a Sat off for a while then they get priority.

1 in 6 Saturdays

11 Aug 2017, 15:34

I had a discussion with DOM a few weeks back about getting the Saturday and Monday off (long weekend). He said it is practically impossible to give reserves long weekends unless they are on the same duty the week after having Saturday off, or by coincidence you are on one walk one week with Saturday, then the next week on another duty with Monday off. He and union rep told me there is no national agreement on 1 in 6 Saturday's for reserves. Union rep did say the system needs to be fairer though.

It is probably worth me mentioning that I have no problems with the amount of Saturday's I have off. It is the Saturday/Monday long weekend that I had an issue with. I get a fair amount of Saturday's off over the year. Maybe not every 1 in 6 but over the course of the year I get the same if not more than everyone else in the office.

1 in 6 Saturdays

11 Aug 2017, 19:26

Maybe you need a system to have

6 duty with SM, TW, TF then rotate.

1 in 6 Saturdays

12 Aug 2017, 21:27

Rubbish you are entitled to Saturdays off your DOM is lying and as for the union rep well enough said
Put a formal grievance in. It's the only way othwise you will get a load of false promises
Frankly unfortunately the reason reserves don't get them in our DO is so many duty holders who already get them go sick on Saturdays.

1 in 6 Saturdays

12 Aug 2017, 21:42

I've seen Inspectors put a reserve on a duty from M-W then change him on to another for the rest of the week so that he'd be off on the Thursday or Friday instead of Saturday. I challenged him about it but he shrugged his shoulders and said the order came from above him.

s**t always, always runs downhill.

I'm sure there was an agreement of sorts years ago that reserves would be due a long weekend every 6 weeks, but I don't think that held up to scrutiny the way staffing would work.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1