ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

later acceptance of parcels

08 Aug 2017, 19:09

ok just had the proganda rmtv showing at our DO,

whilst being given the same

"letters are down"
"parcels are not making up lost revenue"
"we should appreciate how good our job is"
"how well off we are compared to ..........DHL,DPD was seen in the video several times

Do DHL, DPD deliver mail amongst there packets?

i asked a dpd driver on monday how many drops he had that day he told me around 90, on the very same day i had on average around 70 including signed for letters/specials/parcels etc all needing interaction with the customer having to wait for them to come to the door etc.......

so not only do i have to walk up and down delivering mail to each address im doing around 85% of a dedicated packet drivers job whom only steps foot out of his/her van to deliver a drop.

90 calls vs 600

yet im being compared to them in the propaganda filled rmtv?

the only guys you stood in our shoes where whistle and why dont they ever pop up on there proganda filled pile of nonsense, one minute they were there the next whistl was no more.

cant even remember if they did packets on top of letters i for sure know they didnt do no d2d's?

ok so postmen not only deliver mail , packets , and your regular junk mail they still want more.

later acceptence of packets yea sure why not, but RM owns a parcel dedicated company called parcel force , why not unite the workforce and offload the later stuff that cannot make DO's on time to RM's parcel team, give a granteed 8pm delivery time , hire new RM parcel drivers to deliver the work load from the later acceptance times.

why try to offload everything on the postman who is struggling to complete on time as it is.

later start times, what happened to having time for the family, what happened to customers (RM refers to business owners as customers not mrs malloy who lives with her daughter at 108) the real customers dont want there mail at 6pm they expect it early, its a way of life , how many times i have been told "your late today"...................

how about peoples journey time to travel to work doubling and also tripling when finishing work trying to go home in traffic.

no consideration of the workforce...........

they can forget any type of overtime to cover x walk etc....no one will take up any work in the dark.....not only is it dangerous its a health hazard...(ive done it once and never again)......

so how about Rm drop parcel force call it RM parcelForce and if they want to accept items later then there current cut off time then accommodate that with new jobs with later starts to cover stuff that arrives after that.....instead of trying to put everything on each and every one of us postmen and women.

before the actual video you can tell that the word was striking wont be good for anyone, manager was going over some rehearsed bullit points i knew this was coming from higher up folks.....

anyway a long story short if youve read all this what is your take?????

later acceptance of parcels you say

08 Aug 2017, 19:17

yes we do too much mail every house packets to knock on doors . leaflets up to 6 or 7 lots . emptying boxes or even post offices on delivery where has your dpd driver will do one parcel in the street then be gone .

08 Aug 2017, 19:20

arnold cheshire wrote:yes we do too much mail every house packets to knock on doors . leaflets up to 6 or 7 lots . emptying boxes or even post offices on delivery where has your dpd driver will do one parcel in the street then be gone .

yup completly forgot about us posties now doing collections while on our rounds doing someone else out of the job..........
thats another thing to add to the list

we deliver mail , packets , and your regular junk + collect post from boxes/businesses ........

08 Aug 2017, 19:52

lightningpostman wrote:ok just had the proganda rmtv showing at our DO,

whilst being given the same

"letters are down"
"parcels are not making up lost revenue"
"we should appreciate how good our job is"
"how well off we are compared to ..........DHL,DPD was seen in the video several times

Do DHL, DPD deliver mail amongst there packets?

i asked a dpd driver on monday how many drops he had that day he told me around 90, on the very same day i had on average around 70 including signed for letters/specials/parcels etc all needing interaction with the customer having to wait for them to come to the door etc.......

so not only do i have to walk up and down delivering mail to each address im doing around 85% of a dedicated packet drivers job whom only steps foot out of his/her van to deliver a drop.

90 calls vs 600

yet im being compared to them in the propaganda filled rmtv?

the only guys you stood in our shoes where whistle and why dont they ever pop up on there proganda filled pile of nonsense, one minute they were there the next whistl was no more.

cant even remember if they did packets on top of letters i for sure know they didnt do no d2d's?

ok so postmen not only deliver mail , packets , and your regular junk mail they still want more.

later acceptence of packets yea sure why not, but RM owns a parcel dedicated company called parcel force , why not unite the workforce and offload the later stuff that cannot make DO's on time to RM's parcel team, give a granteed 8pm delivery time , hire new RM parcel drivers to deliver the work load from the later acceptance times.

why try to offload everything on the postman who is struggling to complete on time as it is.

later start times, what happened to having time for the family, what happened to customers (RM refers to business owners as customers not mrs malloy who lives with her daughter at 108) the real customers dont want there mail at 6pm they expect it early, its a way of life , how many times i have been told "your late today"...................

how about peoples journey time to travel to work doubling and also tripling when finishing work trying to go home in traffic.

no consideration of the workforce...........

they can forget any type of overtime to cover x walk etc....no one will take up any work in the dark.....not only is it dangerous its a health hazard...(ive done it once and never again)......

so how about Rm drop parcel force call it RM parcelForce and if they want to accept items later then there current cut off time then accommodate that with new jobs with later starts to cover stuff that arrives after that.....instead of trying to put everything on each and every one of us postmen and women.

before the actual video you can tell that the word was striking wont be good for anyone, manager was going over some rehearsed bullit points i knew this was coming from higher up folks.....

anyway a long story short if youve read all this what is your take?????

later acceptance of parcels you say

DPD do 90 parcels a day so that's about 10 an hour.
If doing nothing else I do 20 parcels an hour.
That's not because I drive faster but because we have so many parcels that there's not much distance between each address whereas DPD is one of several courier companies with far fewer parcels and so much much longer spent driving between each address.
Royal Mail will be more profitable with twice the number of parcels than DPD even if we are paid half as much again as they are.
Also Royal Mail has a monopoly on letters, large letters etc. and so should be able to make a good profit on them.
That's not exact figures but maybe other factors to consider.

08 Aug 2017, 20:57

Letters are an inconvenience to the business really.

The whole idea behind moving everything back, is to consolidate the whole process and bring in greater automation. Greater efficiency = greater savings = more profit.

We used to be a letters business that did parcels, in 10 years time we'll be a parcel business that does letters.

08 Aug 2017, 21:39

norm wrote:Letters are an inconvenience to the business really.

The whole idea behind moving everything back, is to consolidate the whole process and bring in greater automation. Greater efficiency = greater savings = more profit.

We used to be a letters business that did parcels, in 10 years time we'll be a parcel business that does letters.

Norm,
Yes, that's what they keep telling us. :arrrghhh
But look at what you deliver each day, 500 letters from DSA at 16p to first class stamped at 65p, 500 at maybe an average of 25p is £125 plus parcels makes it well over £200 a day in postage earned plus Door To Doors and you, the labour intensive part of the mail's journey, get paid less than half of that.
There's something wrong if the business isn't profitable.
That's just my back-of-a-fag-packet calculation to assist constructive discussion and if I'm far out I trust that someone better informed than myself will correct me. :cuppa

09 Aug 2017, 15:24

But how many letters and parcels does it take to pay this person's salary?

Senior Teradata Architect
Apply now
Date: 04-Aug-2017
Company: Royal Mail Group
Job reference number 67753
Salary: London Circa £55,000 Chesterfield Circa £50,000 plus 18% Bonus Potential, £4,000 car pot, Healthcare and Generous Annual Leave.
Full time
Permanent
London or Chesterfield

I would apply but I don't even understand the job title.

09 Aug 2017, 15:35

A google search just adds to the confusion:

Teradata architecture is based on Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) architecture. The major components of Teradata are Parsing Engine, BYNET and Access Module Processors (AMPs).

Basically, I think its a hybrid High level, high traffic, Data Processing and Programming manager.

09 Aug 2017, 16:08

Don't forget we need money to pay for managers, cleaners, indoor staff, mail centre staff, and lorry drivers as well as postal worker.

09 Aug 2017, 16:34

We had a meeting with area CWU rep last week who explained to us pretty much all the propaganda in the RM video, the rep actually used the netherlands (known for being extremely flat) postal service as an example of how efficient mail delivery can be (i dont know he knows this) apparently postman just deliver mail that will through a letterbox, no stopping for signatures etc. blah blah......

At the end of the meeting we all had questions to ask, I suggested that RM are probably the only mail delivery company in the world that actually enters onto someones property walks up to the front door to post letters through it, as opposed to a letterbox at the end of the drive/gate like just about everywhere else in the world. The CWU guy seemed puzzled by this.

In a nutshell i think were f****d.

sorry if it seemed nonsensical

09 Aug 2017, 17:33

clashcityrocker wrote:But how many letters and parcels does it take to pay this person's salary?

Apply now
Date: 04-Aug-2017
Company: Royal Mail Group
Job reference number 67753
Salary: London Circa £55,000 Chesterfield Circa £50,000 plus 18% Bonus Potential, £4,000 car pot, Healthcare and Generous Annual Leave.
Full time
Permanent
London or Chesterfield

I would apply but I don't even understand the job title.

Most if not all managers of managers are on far more than this and given the DSM's grade was culled and they all got VR probably a lot more than last year!

09 Aug 2017, 19:42

save here, save there, make some better profits and then guess what, the regulator will come in and say RM charge too much, this is a fixed battle which cannot be won, im just beginning to realise this.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1