ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Working hours changing

05 Aug 2017, 20:45

Can any body help me .I have heard constant rumors that working hours are changing to 10-6 for full timers and 12-6 for part timers in September. I have checked on here and CWU and cant find anything thanks

Working hours changing

05 Aug 2017, 20:51

itll be office dependant at this stage, it wont be national move to those times

Working hours changing

05 Aug 2017, 20:53

Do you know where i can get information regarding royal mail and CWU proposals please

Working hours changing

05 Aug 2017, 20:53

We usually have drop bags filled with salt given out after each rumour does the rounds.

Treat it as that- a rumour.

If you are concerned, ask a manager, or your CWU rep.

There are no such things as stupid questions.

Working hours changing

05 Aug 2017, 20:55

If i ask a manager i would be wasting my time.I recently asked how many weeks notice i need to give and 5 managers sat with a puzzled look. I will ask union rep on Monday
Thanks

Working hours changing

05 Aug 2017, 21:03

srilfc2013 wrote:If i ask a manager i would be wasting my time.I recently asked how many weeks notice i need to give and 5 managers sat with a puzzled look.

Maybe i was clutching at straws :chuckle

RM are proposing later start times to maximise the pipelines efficiency in next day deliveries for packets, as currently we lose out on much of this business, or at least that's my understanding.
They are included in the on going talks right now with RM and the CWU. You should be able to keep up to date on here. And if that's not the issue you were reffering to, then i don't know :hmmmm

Working hours changing

05 Aug 2017, 22:13

Once the pipeline gets moved back a couple of hours all DO staff will find their hours moved back 2-3 hours (more likely 3 as the lorries will catch all the traffic in towns).

Working hours changing

06 Aug 2017, 00:32

I'd think that a change of hours (say a start of 630 to say 830) would need a massive yea vote which I think is a CWU nono, which I hope ismthe case.

Working hours changing

06 Aug 2017, 01:19

bmccoll wrote:I'd think that a change of hours (say a start of 630 to say 830) would need a massive yea vote which I think is a CWU nono, which I hope ismthe case.

Why would it need a vote? If the pipeline gets moved back a couple of hours, you won't be getting much mail before 08:30 and if RM over to using only 17tonners to DOs (which will probably happen at some point - meaning more DO closures and mergers) then you might not get any mail before 08:30

Working hours changing

06 Aug 2017, 07:01

SpacePhoenix wrote:
bmccoll wrote:I'd think that a change of hours (say a start of 630 to say 830) would need a massive yea vote which I think is a CWU nono, which I hope ismthe case.

Why would it need a vote? If the pipeline gets moved back a couple of hours, you won't be getting much mail before 08:30 and if RM over to using only 17tonners to DOs (which will probably happen at some point - meaning more DO closures and mergers) then you might not get any mail before 08:30

People will still probably come in 1 - 2 hours before their start time (unpaid) to make up d2ds for the week!

Working hours changing

06 Aug 2017, 10:56

The one thing that most posties don't really want in our office is the 10-6pm finish

Can you imagine all the hours that Royal Mail save and rely on like staff coming in early to walk sort just to finish early and relying on staff working overtime, are they really going to be doing that after 6pm?? Its about as popular as staff willing to work till 3pm match day kick off on a Saturday!!

Working hours changing

06 Aug 2017, 11:53

There are two reasons why Royal Mail are proposing later starts and their proposal is based on everyone starting two hours later than they do now.

The first is that they want to officer all the big posting companies later acceptance into the National Distribution Centre at Daventry hence why start times will move backwards.

The second is that 85% of the Mail centres have 95% of sequencing work available at 0200 and they want to start the sequencing of this work at that time and this will mean that you will get this portion of traffic into your office later. The other issue which will reduce indoor times is that Royal Mail do not want this 95% than thrown into sorting frames just checked and tied up.

The CWU are opppsed to both of these plans as we are opposed to compulsory later starts. The reasons why we are opposed are ;

Royal Mail want only one place where there are later acceptance times and this drives later starts. If Royal Mail agreed that each geographical area had an RDC which accceoted later acceptance times than start times would not need to be pushed back anywhere near 2 hours. Most other companies operate an Hub and Spoke operation instead Royal Mail want the cheapest option and this would push start times back 2 hours.

Secondly all the estimations that Royal Mail have of the work which they would capture from later acceptance times would not equate to more than a extra parcel per walk so there is no justification for everyone moving start times based on their estimation.

Additionally Royal Mail's proposal to bring in 95% of the work later is linked to their strategy of having you merge from three different bundles whilst on delivery too save them indoor time. Again the CWU do not support the strategy of Delivery OPGs merging from three bundles i.e. 95% of your sequenced Mail your first bundle , your second bundle will be the remaining 5% sequencing and Manual and third will be your door to door collated which they now have purchase another machine.

The reality is none of the above will come in from September. What Royal Mail want too do is start trailing them and than rolling out thereafter.

The CWU are opposed to most of Royal Mail's strategy as it is driven by unrealistic saving aspirations which will worsen our members terms and conditions. In addition they are simply playing with capturing growth rather than willing to have loss leaders in place to really go for growth. A shining example of this is Royal Mail have never advertised the Sunday parcel trail in the M25 , customers have no idea there is such a service all we currently deliver is stuff which is due delivery on Monday a day early without any extra charge. 3 years this has been going on and not once has Royal Mail advertised this new service .

Working hours changing

06 Aug 2017, 13:34

SpacePhoenix wrote:

Need to get rid of 1300 specials then.

Working hours changing

06 Aug 2017, 14:01

borgpicard wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:

Need to get rid of 1300 specials then.

Well, 9am Specials would definitely be finished. :wave
1pm Specials are currently a good product and not bad value from £6.45 :thumbup but they would presumably (a) be repriced at £20 such as 9ams are now and gradually die out, (b) be rebranded 3pm Specials or (c) be rebranded 'Next Day Guaranteed. :crazy:

Working hours changing

06 Aug 2017, 17:32

Anyone else noticed that these trials always result in their favour,even if they are hopeless ideas or initiatives?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4