ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

3 day duty 24 hours

16 Jul 2017, 20:29

Hiya lads can you tell me how many of your offices still do 3 day duties on 24 hours thinking about droppinf my hours from this shithole had enough but i wont be dropping them to be out over 4 5 days anyways
Thanks

3 day duty 24 hours

16 Jul 2017, 20:34

Yes.
If I could afford it I would bite your hand off for one of ours. They only work Thursday-Monday ( with a rotating day off ) and have one in four Saturdays so every fourth week they finish on Friday and aren't due back until the following Thursday.

3 day duty 24 hours

16 Jul 2017, 21:49

Cant afford it but going to do it but heard royal mail are changing alot if these to 4 days could i get this in a legal contract if i dropped my hours for this or will this be on the back of.my mind forever if i take this leap

3 day duty 24 hours

16 Jul 2017, 22:52

Guy i know in a smaller office was doing 30 hours over 4 days and they now make him do it over 5 days or the threatened to reduce his hours if he didn't.

3 day duty 24 hours

17 Jul 2017, 06:31

I do a 24 over 3 days on a job share, and there a few more in our DO on this arrangement also.

OT is always there if you need it, I probably do an extra day and the odd afternoon most weeks, but only if I fancy it.. Obviously you lose out when you take holidays, but it is lovely to be in control to a certain degree. Would definitely recommend it.

3 day duty 24 hours

17 Jul 2017, 16:35

I was doing a 24 hour week over 3 days and then took the increase in hours upto 30 hours over 5,and if you can afford just the 3 days then it's by far the best shift pattern you can get.I'd bite there hand off in the said I could go back in hours.

3 day duty 24 hours

17 Jul 2017, 17:19

Our day off covers for the full timers are around 24 hours,, they get every Tuesday, Wednesday off then rotate the rest of the week covering 3 duties with a rolling day off to

3 day duty 24 hours

17 Jul 2017, 18:16

Assuming you are ok with just the 24 hrs pay when on holiday it's brilliant. If you want to work days off there's no problem in our office so it's down to me. If I want to work 6 days I can, if I want to take my Saturday to Wednesday off I can do that too. Beats a 25 hour contract over 5 days into a cocked delivery pouch. (DOM hates it though) Bargain! :nana

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1