ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Low morale

15 Jul 2017, 22:45

I've never seen morale in our delivery office so low, I started in the 90's and looking back it was a great job, now it's unbelievably badly run, deliveries failing daily, postmen bullied, managers uninterested, no work time learning, unpaid overtime, sick absence at an all time high. Who the hell is running this company into the ground and why?
It really winds me up.

Low morale

16 Jul 2017, 07:49

No work time learning is a good thing...

Low morale

16 Jul 2017, 08:19

its the same story all over

Low morale

16 Jul 2017, 09:45

One of the many drawbacks of "modernisation". What I've noticed is that are loads of people going off work with stress because of bullying managers and unrealistic workloads. Just a few days ago we had lapsing yet it was quite a busy day. When I queried why - they said it was because they had quite a few staff on sick. :crazy: Typical management thinking, don't bring someone in to do overtime, just suddenly expect staff to pick up all the slack....and expect them to do it for diddly squat!! Heard a few of the managers were out delivering at 8.30pm. And Royal Mail want us to deliver to customers in time slots! :crazy: :crazy:

Low morale

16 Jul 2017, 09:52

Justanotherstar wrote:No work time learning is a good thing...

No it's not, you need this time for new information.

Low morale

16 Jul 2017, 10:08

I think the whole industry is struggling not just RM. It's one big race to the bottom, who can do it for the cheapest.

I was collecting from a big inner-city post office the other day, and a lady missed the cut-off for the last post, and this was at 5pm, she was rightly annoyed, and this is because RM moved forward the collection by half and hour, so collection staff can get back to the MC earlier to get on with processing (more absorption of duties).

Low morale

16 Jul 2017, 10:18

Phantom wrote:

And for what it's worth it is time allocated in a working day that is not, allegedly, allocated for mail delivery!
Another breach of RMs own planning tool. Robbing bast...s. Why are people glad? Missing WTL and given more delivery - lapsing work ?? Beggars belief, the job n knock brigade still alive and kicking, doing their worst AND we point blame at managers. It would be funny if it was not true. Our own worst enemies, never learn from self inflicted actions.

Low morale

16 Jul 2017, 10:46

I've never ever had Work Time Learning so over many years that's hundreds of hours that I've been out delivering when I should have been sat down :cuppa :cuppa :cuppa :cuppa :cuppa :cuppa :cuppa indoors.

Low morale

16 Jul 2017, 11:13

i would sooner be sat with a drink being bored shitless for 30 mins , than them chasing you out the door trying to give you extra delivery .

Low morale

16 Jul 2017, 11:15

Phantom wrote:

It would be if they told u news that was happening in your office, but they bang on about figures' percentages, etc,

Low morale

16 Jul 2017, 13:02

tommyrep wrote:
Phantom wrote:

And for what it's worth it is time allocated in a working day that is not, allegedly, allocated for mail delivery!
Another breach of RMs own planning tool. Robbing bast...s. Why are people glad? Missing WTL and given more delivery - lapsing work ?? Beggars belief, the job n knock brigade still alive and kicking, doing their worst AND we point blame at managers. It would be funny if it was not true. Our own worst enemies, never learn from self inflicted actions.

our area was at another office last week where the DOM had his office performance set at 115 bsi or whatever it is they call it. he wanted more hours taken out of the office. even though people where at their limits and basically knackered. under investigation it turns out they never have wtll or van checks and people were coming in an hour and a half early to run up D2Ds and prep their duties. and not taking breaks. ALL of this time was being put into the office delivery performance giving a false figure for the whole office. the true figure was 85 bsi. how many managers up and down the country are doing this and exploiting their staff.

Low morale

16 Jul 2017, 16:46

Always wondered what this actually is! As a part timer a few years in I've never had any of it always thought it was for the real staff aka full timers :crazy:

Low morale

16 Jul 2017, 17:28

Lounge Lizard wrote:I've never ever had Work Time Learning so over many years that's hundreds of hours that I've been out delivering when I should have been sat down :cuppa :cuppa :cuppa :cuppa :cuppa :cuppa :cuppa indoors.

You have not missed much,it was work time lying anyway!!! :crazy:

Low morale

16 Jul 2017, 17:42

Many years ago we were always told " Dont worry about whats going on here or there worry about your office"

Now the snake is eating itself as now alls we here " Oh yes its like that every where"

Our office has now started to make a stand against all of the above

Firstly question everything from now on, accept nothing the DIM says as the truth

Get your rep to go over IWT/TM1,do a count of items in your frame, compare call rates / percentages

Get your rep to ask the planners how many weeks a year they planned your office to fail

Put in grievances against your DIM for B/H and send them to the correct address in Sheffield also send a copy to your area rep

If the B/H is out of control get your rep to contact area rep to arrange a JPS ( Mediators)

We have awfully low morale and horrendous fatigue issues in our office so much so were refusing to lapse in the summer months as they planned our office to fail for 38 weeks of the year.

Yes we have been told its national agreement in the lighter months but we have stuck two fingers up and said try it and we will walk.

In no ones rite frame of mind is it acceptable to do this to your work force ,certainly not in our minds.

We have the mediators in at presence due to the high levels of B/H

So my point is unless each D/O makes a stand nothing will change and theres to many D/Os willing to except the norm.

At the end of the day R/M should have taken a more responsible approach to its works force when carrying out there revisions.

Instead they chose to be driven by greed and its that what has put us all were we are today

Make a stand chaps or accept the norm its taken our office 2.5 years to get to the point were at today,as alot rest with the rep looking at and challenging the figures.

Ask your rep what your office agreed prep is on a R/M 2000 ours is 11 minute. You then can do a count yourself as you divide your total items by the agreed prep ie ( 500 items divided by agreed prep of 11 = 45 minutes ) Lets put it one way compare your findings against IWT and it will differ significantly in your favour then you can challenge.

Good luck boys

Low morale

17 Jul 2017, 20:36

woody38 wrote:
Phantom wrote:

It would be if they told u news that was happening in your office, but they bang on about figures' percentages, etc,

Who cares what WTLL is about, it's 30 minutes a week that everybody in the office shouldn't be working. In an office of 100 people that's 50 hours a week RM are getting for free, more than a FT duty.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2