ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

RM Wproof Trainer YDS

19 May 2017, 15:14

Sorry to advise this but the YDS are being discontinued so all that we will be able ot order is the others stock on the site

Kind regards

Michelle

Michelle Waters
CS Co-ordinator

That's the email above I received earlier today. All other footware on the website I have found to be uncomfortable and even caused me injury. What am I to do now?

RM Wproof Trainer YDS

19 May 2017, 15:47

I agree they are the only decent footwear and probably the dearest hence being removed!!!
Put her email address on here so that all YDS users can email her if they are not happy is an option to see if weight of opinion works.

RM Wproof Trainer YDS

19 May 2017, 17:01

telithowitis wrote:I agree they are the only decent footwear and probably the dearest hence being removed!!!
Put her email address on here so that all YDS users can email her if they are not happy is an option to see if weight of opinion works.

It's not her decision,so bombarding her with emails isn't going to work,we should be lobbying the union, because the footwear is downright atrocious,the DM's are okay ,but take about 4 years to break in,Magnum are too abysmal for words,we need decent footwear,the only way to get that is by buying it yourself,but why should we? It doesn't stop with the footwear either,the rest of the uniform,blue shirts apart ,is rubbish quality,ill fitting and looks sloppy, the wet weather gear must have been tested inside,because it doesn't work in the rain,as I found out Wednesday,yet I can buy a coat from Milletts or suchlike,that is far superior to anything provided and not that expensive,but again, why should I have to buy my own kit.
Considering the amount of stuff they buy, their buying power is second to none, yet all we get is rubbish, why? Especially when a really good pair of boots is north of £100 and all I get back is £30.

RM Wproof Trainer YDS

19 May 2017, 17:33

That's me knackered then, I have to have insoles made and they are the only ones that they work with/ and are comfortable enough to wear.
I have bought my own before but because of the nature of the issues I have with my feet and how expensive decent shoes are and the fact they don't last long I'm not sure what to do.
30 quid isn't enough to buy anything close to being useable for this job.

RM Wproof Trainer YDS

19 May 2017, 17:44

the absolute crucial and fundamental part of working in delivery at royal mail is our FEET and royal mail can no longer supply me with the equipment that I need to have in order to do my job.

I shall be taking this up with my union rep, because as of now I don't have any foot ware to do my job.

am I going to be forced to wear foot ware that will injure my feet? and therefore mean that I will be off sick with feet injuries?
or
am I going to be forced to buy inadequate foot ware at my own cost that may also injure my feet and definitely wont be durable enough to last longer than 2 months.

RM Wproof Trainer YDS

19 May 2017, 19:22

That is an extension to my original posting,I quite agree , that nothing lasts 2 months, I can't be paying £140+ every 2 months for good quality footwear,because whatever I buy can't take the punishment meted out by delivery staff,therefore it should be provided. Looking at my feet today after wearing the Magnums all week,they are in a shocking state.

RM Wproof Trainer YDS

19 May 2017, 19:58

With this firm it wont belong before we have cardboard boxes on our feet and be told glad we should have them supplied to us for the little work we all do!

RM Wproof Trainer YDS

20 May 2017, 15:16

Very disappointing. When I started this job I went for the Anvil shoes. They are terrible. It was only by mistake when I needed a new pair of shoes, and DOM ordered the wrong shoes, that I discovered the Waterproof YDS shoes where the better shoes. Very disappointed that they're being discontinued.

RM Wproof Trainer YDS

20 May 2017, 17:54

I too am struggling with footwear now that the yds are no longer available. I spoke to a union rep and my only option is to get a doctors note and buy my own as the other shoes available hurt my feet. I'm 9 months into the job and my yds have finally had it and I'm seriously not happy about having to buy my own shoes! I looked around the office and a massive percentage of the posties are wearing yds so why would a popular shoe be discontinued? Beggars belief!!

RM Wproof Trainer YDS

20 May 2017, 18:14

Magnums are pretty good as are their M-PACT insoles if you buy them direct from Magnum ... Royal Mail don't hence the boots supplied by Royal Mail are inferior with inferior insoles ... the style they purchase haven't been officially manufactured by Magnum for at least 5 years ... Magnum were surprised when i told them we are issued with their boots and shoes

you can by their M-Pact insoles for £10 and they do make a difference with the magnums Royal Mail supply posties with

RM Wproof Trainer YDS

20 May 2017, 18:16

Barrett 7886 wrote:I too am struggling with footwear now that the yds are no longer available. I spoke to a union rep and my only option is to get a doctors note and buy my own as the other shoes available hurt my feet. I'm 9 months into the job and my yds have finally had it and I'm seriously not happy about having to buy my own shoes! I looked around the office and a massive percentage of the posties are wearing yds so why would a popular shoe be discontinued? Beggars belief!!

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=78179&p=755785&hilit=yds+factory#p755785
Incase you weren't aware, the reason they are being discontinued is due to the working practises found within the factories that make the shoes.

RM Wproof Trainer YDS

20 May 2017, 19:24

Barrett 7886 wrote:I too am struggling with footwear now that the yds are no longer available. I spoke to a union rep and my only option is to get a doctors note and buy my own as the other shoes available hurt my feet. I'm 9 months into the job and my yds have finally had it and I'm seriously not happy about having to buy my own shoes! I looked around the office and a massive percentage of the posties are wearing yds so why would a popular shoe be discontinued? Beggars belief!!

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=78179&p=767950&hilit=YDS#p767950
Dear Colleagues

We have been informed by Royal Mail that as a result of the factory which produces the YDS trainers failing a CSR audit, a decision by the company has been made not to order any further trainers from YDS.

As a result Royal Mail has stated they are now starting to see shortfalls in some popular sizes in the remaining YDS stock and as such are waiting on delivery of the replacement trainers they have ordered from Magnum and Panther.

RM Wproof Trainer YDS

20 May 2017, 19:28

For me....
I know this is wrong but hey so what...

ive tried anvil on the original trials a several years ago....awful for me pins an needles all the time.
yds ok but hard and after a while feel really hard underneath...even with pricey and recommended insoles.
magnum ok but don't last 2 months for me.

so I wear an old pair of yds in doors.....and bought a cheap pair of karrimor from sports direct for delivery...
I cant understand why our place doesn't go to karrimor all the styles and choices and not that dear as well

RM Wproof Trainer YDS

20 May 2017, 19:39

Another Postie Gutted because they've discontinued the YDS Trainers. :sad: Like many of you they're the only ones I can get on with, especially after suffering for 12 months with Plantars!

We had a CWU Newsletter saying something about new footwear being released but I haven't seen anything new on the Uniform Website, hope they're those sexy looking ankle boots someone shared a photo on here. :pray

It's just not good enough to let suits mess about with posties Footwear. They're the main tools of the trade FFS! :cuppa

RM Wproof Trainer YDS

20 May 2017, 23:35

New footwear now available on dimensions site, very little info to go on though all it states is RM Easyflex Waterproof Trainer sizes 4 to 10 in stock. Anyone have any info on them?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4