ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE:UPDATE:GE JUNE 8 2017... HERE

Roy Stringer MLO Manager Brighton

17 May 2017, 17:59

My Stepdad of the last 30 years, Roy Stringer, sadly passed away on the 8th May after a mercifully short battle with an aggressive form of cancer. He started his Royal Mail adventure as a messenger boy back in the 50's and spent some years as a postie before eventually becoming MLO (Mechanised Letter Office) Manager at Brighton. He had that rare quality of being both respected and liked by all grades. His funeral is to be held on June 1st. I've applied for the day off but, so far, have had nothing back. I shall be going regardless of course but, if they decline it, should I simply quit or pull a sickie (they don't know about his history)?

17 May 2017, 18:15

Sorry for your loss. Let Moya know if your having trouble getting the time off.

17 May 2017, 19:33

You should be entitled to 1 days pay for the funeral as he is 'immediate family'.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Time ... ummary.pdf

18 May 2017, 16:18

Am sorry for your loss my friend,sounded like a bloody nice bloke,yes am sure you should be allowed to go,am sure they will sort something? Surely ??

18 May 2017, 21:50

Sorry for your loss mate.

I'm sure a battle with work over time off is the last thing on your mind, but your stepfather for 30 years is your 'parent' in all but blood, a decent rep and/or decent manager should be getting you up to a weeks leave.

18 May 2017, 21:52

Bereavement: It’s an upsetting time when someone close to you passes away. Managers will do their best to allow you time to deal with your loss. • Your manager can provide you with up to one week’s paid leave for immediate family, e.g. next of kin or blood relative (spouse, civil partner, child, parent or sibling), to support you during this difficult time.

23 May 2017, 19:36

Sorry for your loss. Worked with Roy for a number of years - a really good man. I'd be interested in paying my respects if possible. Is it OK to let me have full details of the funeral or let me know where I can find them. Thanks

Yesterday, 18:22

eldrids wrote:Sorry for your loss. Worked with Roy for a number of years - a really good man. I'd be interested in paying my respects if possible. Is it OK to let me have full details of the funeral or let me know where I can find them. Thanks

Hi. Is that Simon? Anyway the funeral is at woodvale (north) at 1pm on Thursday 1st June and then at The White Horse Rottingean from 2PM. The obituary is in today's Argus (Friday). As a big SEagulls fan he wanted people to either wear black or Seagulls blue.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1