ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Table top revision

20 Apr 2017, 17:31

What are the pros and cons of a table top revision as opposed to getting the "planners" in?
What percentage of walks would have to be affected to trigger a repick?

Cheers.

Table top revision

20 Apr 2017, 21:45

What does this mean?

Table top revision

21 Apr 2017, 08:18

I don't know for sure that's why I am asking. Table top revision brings to my mind the boss and rep getting together and re-planning the walks with little or no input from Pegasus/Georoute etc.

We are moving to a new office building soon and I want to get ahead of the game so we are not saddled with what two people who don't know the walks decide is a fair revision.

Table top revision

21 Apr 2017, 11:51

Table top revision is basically a manager and a rep discussing walks and rejigging them, duties can be added but normally they are removed.

Like most things, they have their pluses and minuses.

Local knowledge helps, but it's easier for posties to protect their duties as there is no general overview except by local managers and reps. In a table top revision, the re-pick rules are no different to a planner led one.

My advice is if getting input make sure its spread, don't just use the most senior postie, use part-time reserves as well (they generally have a better idea of how equal the walks are)

Table top revision

21 Apr 2017, 12:56

As ever, thank you TBT.

Table top revision

21 Apr 2017, 14:14

Depends on wether you agree to cut jobs,we moved office and made a deal where we put in 3 extra duties.
if not Tell them to bring the planners in..
1) The planners normally haven't got a clue about your area, don't assist them in any way, let them mess it all up and then you can make a deal to put it right.
2) the planners can only put in information given to them,

Table top revision

21 Apr 2017, 15:14

Cheers bud. Looks like I will have to dog our rep.

Does anyone know if it is a third of walks affected to trigger a repick? Affected at all or affected by a large extent?
Ta.
H

Table top revision

21 Apr 2017, 23:38

http://www.cwu-e4.co.uk/files/resourcin ... orward.pdf

Table top revision

22 Apr 2017, 15:32

Excellent that, thanks muchly POSTMAN.

Table top revision

22 Apr 2017, 18:47

Sir Henry wrote:I don't know for sure that's why I am asking. Table top revision brings to my mind the boss and rep getting together and re-planning the walks with little or no input from Pegasus/Georoute etc.

I wouldn't place too much credence in the abilities of Pegasus/Georoute etc to give your office a balanced and equitable work load across the board if the results that my office were lumbered with after our last revision are anything to go by. We have several deliveries that I can do in 90 minutes less than some of the others.

Try rolling dice or arm wrestling to determine which streets are allocated to which walks as a more scientific way of doing things.

Table top revision

22 Apr 2017, 19:26

Vwtouran wrote:What does this mean?

its where full timers cherry pick bits of duties they fancy and leave the shite to the part timers :nana

Table top revision

22 Apr 2017, 22:09

gary1975 wrote:

its where full timers cherry pick bits of duties they fancy and leave the shite to the part timers :nana

As has always been the case, and so it should continue. I've been in the job 30 years and took a lot of shitey walks along the way, it's par for the course. The longer you're in the better the duties.

Table top revision

23 Apr 2017, 06:35

bmccoll wrote:
gary1975 wrote:

As has always been the case, and so it should continue. I've been in the job 30 years and took a lot of shitey walks along the way, it's par for the course. The longer you're in the better the duties.

They should pick the duties based on seniority once they are plotted and planned and as equal as they can be. But they certainly shouldn't be making walks easier just so that they can pick them, that is morally wrong and can't be defended.

Table top revision

23 Apr 2017, 16:01

Whysoslowyehcfc wrote:Depends on wether you agree to cut jobs,we moved office and made a deal where we put in 3 extra duties.
1) The planners normally haven't got a clue about your area, don't assist them in any way, let them mess it all up and then you can make a deal to put it right.

So in short,dont do a table to revision.
Dont assist planners.

Wait so you can whine about the results.
Well that sounds like a great plan...........

Table top revision

23 Apr 2017, 17:50

not me wrote:
Whysoslowyehcfc wrote:Depends on wether you agree to cut jobs,we moved office and made a deal where we put in 3 extra duties.

So in short,dont do a table to revision.
Dont assist planners.

Wait so you can whine about the results.
Well that sounds like a great plan...........

And when it fails it's not down to the union, it's down to RM.
We had a revision forced in our office a few years ago, they changed our times of attendance and changed our 4 day week to a 5 day week, within a month Dsm reached an agreement with area rep, to reinstate the 4 day week and put deliveries back how they were, brains behind the idea was dumped and now waiting to retire in a mail centre

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2