ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Reducing contracted hours from 29 to 16

19 Apr 2017, 17:38

Hi there, I am currently on a 29 and a quarter hour contract (to be precise) :crazy: and I'm looking to drop my hours to 16 hours over 2-3 days a week if possible as I'm going back to college part time (Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday). Will RM be accomodating? I dont know of anyone else in the same situation in my office so thought here would be the best place to ask. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

19 Apr 2017, 20:08

Deluxe2D wrote:Hi there, I am currently on a 29 and a quarter hour contract (to be precise) :crazy: and I'm looking to drop my hours to 16 hours over 2-3 days a week if possible as I'm going back to college part time (Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday). Will RM be accomodating? I dont know of anyone else in the same situation in my office so thought here would be the best place to ask. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dom has done similar things in our office, saturday only,

wednes/thurs/fri/sat staff so speak to the dom

19 Apr 2017, 20:19

All you can do is ask.
I have to say RM has been brilliant to me over the years with my hours going up and down
When I joined 13 years ago I was full time, kids started school so I bought down my hours to 28 so I could do the school runs.
When kids started at secondary school and caught the bus there and back it coincided with the revision so I went back up.
Could have had full time but took 34 hours as much better walk.

20 Apr 2017, 00:03

Depends on your office, from my experience would have no chance getting out of saturdays as the doms are adamant we are needed for saturdays.

20 Apr 2017, 00:34

Thanks very much for all your replies. I will be at college Tuesday Wednesday Thursday so I'm happy to work all Saturdays if it means I can reduce my hours. I will speak to my DOM about it tomorrow

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1