ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

THE CWU AND FOUR PILLARS OF SECURITY Vs ROYAL MAIL AND THE RACE TO THE BOTTOM

18 Apr 2017, 16:22

Membership communication going out to London members later this week.
This has also been shared throughout the UK...

4 pillars final.pdf

A communication produced by the London Divisional Committee of The Communication Workers Union
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

18 Apr 2017, 16:33

Royal Mail want to use the PDA actuals to
monitor delivery times. They have already looked
at the PDA actuals of every office in the UK. It
has showed them the following:-
20% of staff are going over their time by at least
20 minutes.
45% are finishing before their time by at least 20
minutes.
35% are within either side of finishing early or
late by 20 minutes.

How on earth can they tell how much overtime I do from the PDA?

18 Apr 2017, 16:44

Logging off times or gps inactivity

18 Apr 2017, 17:42

Mmm.
Don't think the times displayed will allow for the times, like, before official stat times ? meal breaks taken ?
All before the PDA is activated - after the all indoor work is complete and the OPG is collecting specials n PDA from the locker - ! All relevant to any duty span.
Last edited by tommyrep on 18 Apr 2017, 18:13, edited 1 time in total.

18 Apr 2017, 17:55

it was obvious what they were going to use them for once they were introduced.

18 Apr 2017, 18:05

So the idea is to work from 3 bundles at once - mech, 2nd wave + flats, and D2Ds? How does that even work?

The company obviously wants longer and longer spent out on delivery, but ultimately it's a human being doing the work. It's not physically possible to expect another person to go out on delivery for 6+hrs, walking 15-20 miles. It would surely be one of the most physically demanding jobs in the country. But then I suppose people wouldn't stick around, and they can keep bringing in new staff on worse and worse conditions.

I suspect this is a typical strategy of offering the absolute worst terms they could think of, and then the Union thinks it's got a good deal when they scrap most of it but the bulk of it is still in there.

18 Apr 2017, 18:09

Doesn't take a genius to see that working with 3 bundles won't work. How many hands have we got? Hard enough taking a parcel out my bag, scanning and getting it signed whilst holding the other bundle. Although they did say early on in the document that d2d's would be auto collated. I though they meant into the Mail between addresses. Obviously not if they plan on it being the third bundle.

18 Apr 2017, 18:50

Just read in more detail ! Frightening, truly frightening ! But not surprised.
Anyone who did not see the true way forward and vision of a future privatised RM are truly deluded.
Would just like to add my best wishes -NOT - to all my fellow runners, early starters and non method using colleagues.
You all helped and took a stick to the backs of those posties trying to do the job properly, cosyied up to the DOMs, mocked colleagues or openly accused them of being too old or worse, lazy. Young Turks.
Thank you all very much, for providing our RM management with all the useful information they have been supplied by you all, and now putting it to use against ALL posties ! All you smart ars.s, who could not see the wood for the trees ,dobbed off colleagues for a pat on the back and a gold star,being the DOMs favourite, an example that what we should all allude too !!
THANK YOU, every single, selfish one. You were always our real enemy within, not the RM bullying managers. You only made the job easier for them. Enjoy your time in hell, .

18 Apr 2017, 19:02

tommyrep wrote:Just read in more detail ! Frightening, truly frightening ! But not surprised.
Anyone who did not see the true way forward and vision of a future privatised RM are truly deluded.
Would just like to add my best wishes -NOT - to all my fellow runners, early starters and non method using colleagues.
You all helped and took a stick to the backs of those posties trying to do the job properly, cosyied up to the DOMs, mocked colleagues or openly accused them of being too old or worse, lazy. Young Turks.
Thank you all very much, for providing our RM management with all the useful information they have been supplied by you all, and now putting it to use against ALL posties ! All you smart ars.s, who could not see the wood for the trees ,dobbed off colleagues for a pat on the back and a gold star,being the DOMs favourite, an example that what we should all allude too !!
THANK YOU, every single, selfish one. You were always our real enemy within, not the RM bullying managers. You only made the job easier for them. Enjoy your time in hell, .

Boohoohoo.... give me a minute to pick all your toys up that you have thrown put of your pram.

This is nothing to do with posties this is privatisation my friend.

This is what RM want but not (if we are strong enough) will get. Are you a Union rep?? Sounds like you have already given up, you should be ashamed of yourself!!! If that is the case I hope your resign and pass it onto somebody else who has got the balls to do the job. You sound pathetic!!!

18 Apr 2017, 19:08

Just read in more detail ! Frightening, truly frightening.

18 Apr 2017, 19:20

Number one
Firstly you do not know me. I am more realistic than you in my opinion.
I Have not thrown the toys out the pram, or given up the fight.
I have been an an honest trade unionist who has always spoke up for down trodden picked on workmate, long before I joined Royal Mail. I stand by what I have said about blinkered colleagues being mainly at fault for the proposed changes, because their actions have supported axactly what RM have proposed. We are supposed to be in this together, if you are or gave contributed to these new proposals, I thank you!
You need to decide where your true loyalties lie mate !
Have even read the 4pillars V RM proposals ?
Last edited by tommyrep on 18 Apr 2017, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.

18 Apr 2017, 19:34

Is this why 2D scanning was so high on the agenda for offices? To ensure the PDA was matched up with the correct delivery code so the walk times could be analysed in detail later on? :hmmmm

18 Apr 2017, 19:40

norm wrote:Is this why 2D scanning was so high on the agenda for offices? To ensure the PDA was matched up with the correct delivery code so the walk times could be analysed in detail later on? :hmmmm

What difference does it really make how much data they've captured. When they make us clock in they're data will be highly inaccurate. Most people who used to run and cut corners will slow down and do things right to fill out their hours.

18 Apr 2017, 19:48

POSTMAN wrote:Membership communication going out to London members later this week.
This has also been shared throughout the UK...

4 pillars final.pdf

A communication produced by the London Divisional Committee of The Communication Workers Union

And so it begins.
Maybe now RM is beginning to show its hand people will wake up and support the Union.

:arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

18 Apr 2017, 20:04

NewPostieUK wrote:
Royal Mail want to use the PDA actuals to
monitor delivery times. They have already looked
at the PDA actuals of every office in the UK. It
has showed them the following:-
20% of staff are going over their time by at least
20 minutes.
45% are finishing before their time by at least 20
minutes.
35% are within either side of finishing early or
late by 20 minutes.

How on earth can they tell how much overtime I do from the PDA?

Know plenty of posties that log off as soon as they finish out on delivery. Plenty more who log off as soon back in office before they've done anything else. Others log on and pick up keys, at least 30 mins before despatch.
And what about all offices that have 20 min break at the end.
Can't believe these figures are even remotely accurate. More bull by RM.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 5   1, 2, 3, 4, 5