ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE


Come on union

18 Apr 2017, 13:26

Strike while the irons hot ,the last thing Royal Mail will want to be hearing now with a general election looming is the threat of strike action . It should focus their minds on the important issues that matter to us .

Come on union

18 Apr 2017, 13:44

A valid opinion but think will get hammered with the old public opinion isn't with us.
We trying to make capital out of a general election will be sure to be absolutely used against us in press & media.
Don't usually hold any sway with what the public think but think this one could be a little dangerous.

Come on union

18 Apr 2017, 13:50

Not interested in public opinion, train drivers always strike around bank holidays etc.

Come on union

18 Apr 2017, 14:01

Wouldn't have thought the timescale is remotely possible either

Come on union

18 Apr 2017, 14:05

Agree timescale is an issue .

Come on union

18 Apr 2017, 15:08

While talks are ongoing and presumably not at the stage of complete breakdown then it would be counterproductive to up the stakes.
Let them actually put their cards on the table and we'll see what our options are, Royal Mail have not had the decency to inform the staff of their plans going forward, that usually means they are prepared to negotiate first, we'll see how long that lasts and then make our move. I think the union would like to get some feedback from the area reps at conference first. I'm not sure how helpful that might be but it's a box to tick.

Come on union

18 Apr 2017, 15:43

chickenwittle wrote:Come on union .


I'd settle for them sorting out the poll card fiasco.

Come on union

18 Apr 2017, 17:03

Our union have a big task ahead. Membership apathy is rife and morale low. Royal Mail are up for a fight on behalf of shareholders and the cushy management jobs they enjoy. As always the posties will suffer most hardship.
All members need to be prepared and organised.
We - CWU members - are at a crossroads, and public opinion is not our biggest challenge, not by a long shot.
Industrial action ? If the union asks for that support, we must give them solid backing. It is our own members who need to realise the true predicament, and our leaders need to convince them of that. There is NO EASY future for us, nothing will be achieved without being prepared to fight for it, either by short or long term sacrifice, it's the next 5-10 years that need to be addressed. The union must lead, the members need to support that leadership. Without solidarity we will lose any fight, the current selfish attitude - (especially indelivery) - with only strengthen RMs position, they thrive on division.
Without solidarity we are ALL doomed.

Come on union

18 Apr 2017, 18:04

For me, people should understand that when there is a ballot and the Question on the paper is "Would you take action up to and including a strike", that's not the real question.

The decision on whether to strike or not is actually taken on the day of the strike not when you are placing your "X".

The real question on the ballot paper is - Will you please vote YES to give the negotiators the strongest possible mandate. If people understood that, we'd get 90% backing every time.

Come on union

18 Apr 2017, 19:14

chickenwittle wrote:Strike while the irons hot ,the last thing Royal Mail will want to be hearing now with a general election looming is the threat of strike action . It should focus their minds on the important issues that matter to us .


Are you a aggitater ultra left wing commie

Come on union

18 Apr 2017, 19:25

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:For me, people should understand that when there is a ballot and the Question on the paper is "Would you take action up to and including a strike", that's not the real question.

The decision on whether to strike or not is actually taken on the day of the strike not when you are placing your "X".

The real question on the ballot paper is - Will you please vote YES to give the negotiators the strongest possible mandate. If people understood that, we'd get 90% backing every time.


:Applause

I wish every postman would read that.

Come on union

18 Apr 2017, 19:35

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:For me, people should understand that when there is a ballot and the Question on the paper is "Would you take action up to and including a strike", that's not the real question.

The decision on whether to strike or not is actually taken on the day of the strike not when you are placing your "X".

The real question on the ballot paper is - Will you please vote YES to give the negotiators the strongest possible mandate. If people understood that, we'd get 90% backing every time.



:Applause :arrrghhh :Applause :arrrghhh :Applause :Applause :arrrghhh

Come on union

18 Apr 2017, 19:48

PHARRY wrote:
chickenwittle wrote:Strike while the irons hot ,the last thing Royal Mail will want to be hearing now with a general election looming is the threat of strike action . It should focus their minds on the important issues that matter to us .


Are you a aggitater ultra left wing commie

No just a normal postie smart arse .

Come on union

18 Apr 2017, 19:55

PHARRY wrote:
chickenwittle wrote:Strike while the irons hot ,the last thing Royal Mail will want to be hearing now with a general election looming is the threat of strike action . It should focus their minds on the important issues that matter to us .


Are you a aggitater ultra left wing commie

Your trolling is getting obvious. Please desist as it causes too many problems.

Come on union

19 Apr 2017, 14:32

im with chicken f**k their election its all those bastards that sold us out anyway

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 2   1, 2