ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE:UPDATE:GE JUNE 8 2017... HERE

Annual leave Entitlement

19 Mar 2017, 06:49

Just a quickie as I can't seem to get a straight answer elsewhere despite it being a simple question!

Can someone confirm how many days annual leave I should be entitled to on a 20 hour contract with 15 years service?

Thanks!

Annual leave Entitlement

19 Mar 2017, 09:27

wacko74 wrote:Just a quickie as I can't seem to get a straight answer elsewhere despite it being a simple question!

Can someone confirm how many days annual leave I should be entitled to on a 20 hour contract with 15 years service?

Thanks!

By days exactly the same as a 39 hour man. Except a weeks leave for you is 20 hours and a FT is 39 hours.

However, if you work 20 hours over less than 5 days then a week, then the number of days will match how many days you are contracted to work each week. (ie 20 hours over 3 days = 3 days a week for leave, but the same amount of hours as a 20 over 5)

On entry = Four and a half weeks After 15 years = Five weeks 1 day
After 5 years = Four weeks 3.5 days After 20 years = Six weeks

These entitlements are expressed in weeks and days, with a week’s leave being a whole week irrespective of how many attendances are due. A half week’s leave is a number of odd days equal to half the average number of weekly attendances due. Any balance of entitlement to odd days represents that number of daily attendances, except where a (full- or part-time) job requires three or fewer attendances per week, in week case the balance of odd days entitlement is reduced pro-rata to a five day week, rounded to the nearest half day (e.g. the entitlement for a three-day week employee with 5 years service is 4 weeks 2 days).

Annual leave Entitlement

19 Mar 2017, 10:06

Once you get to 15 years service your leave entitlement is 26 days. On a 20 hour contract that works out at 104 hours.

Annual leave Entitlement

19 Mar 2017, 17:03

Thanks for the replies.

Wouldn't really know how many days I'm actually contracted to work over anymore! When I started I was 30 hours over 6 days which is the only contract I've ever signed.

Since then I've been up to full time, then down to full time job share, now just a straight 20 hours per week and changed offices twice, but never signed an amended contract, hence I've lost track of just how many days annual leave I should be entitled to. I also pay around £5 week for POAL just to further complicate things!

I know people in other industries who know down to the hour how much leave they're entitled to and how much they've used etc if only Royal Mail could be so efficient and well organised!

Annual leave Entitlement

20 Mar 2017, 16:30

wacko74 wrote:Thanks for the replies.

Wouldn't really know how many days I'm actually contracted to work over anymore! When I started I was 30 hours over 6 days which is the only contract I've ever signed.

Since then I've been up to full time, then down to full time job share, now just a straight 20 hours per week and changed offices twice, but never signed an amended contract, hence I've lost track of just how many days annual leave I should be entitled to. I also pay around £5 week for POAL just to further complicate things!

I know people in other industries who know down to the hour how much leave they're entitled to and how much they've used etc if only Royal Mail could be so efficient and well organised!

If you POAL then you must have a total of 6 weeks entitlement as you can only POAL to a total of 5 or 6 weeks and you are already entitled to 5 weeks 1 day so you must have 6 weeks (120 hours).

Hope this helps!

Annual leave Entitlement

20 Mar 2017, 17:27

ive worked at RM for over 15 years, according to my holiday sheet my entitlement is 30 days and that includes 6 days "purchased leave", and my wageslip has me paying £6.99 a week, is this correct ?

Annual leave Entitlement

20 Mar 2017, 17:49

Postie45 wrote:ive worked at RM for over 15 years, according to my holiday sheet my entitlement is 30 days and that includes 6 days "purchased leave", and my wageslip has me paying £6.99 a week, is this correct ?

looks about right for 39hr week.

Annual leave Entitlement

20 Mar 2017, 17:55

yeah 39hr, thanks !

Annual leave Entitlement

21 Mar 2017, 05:51

Right then, here's my issue...

As I've said, the only contract I've ever signed was 15 years ago for 30 hours over 6 days but that's pretty much irrelevant as since then my hours have gone up and down and I've moved offices twice so I've lost track of things a bit.

In my new office I'm on 20 hours a week with no formal recognition of how many days that is supposed to be over, however on a flat week when I do no overtime I only work 3 days (2x7hrs and 1x6hrs) so to my mind I'm on a 3 day week.

However I suspect when I come to discuss my Annual Leave entitlement with my DOM he''ll try saying I'm expected to be working/available to do a 5 day week (even though I've not signed a contract stating this)... if my leave entitlement is 15 days then that only gives me 3 weeks a year off, where as on a 3 day week that 15 days would give me 5 weeks off.

In my office, as with most others I suspect, it would be impossible to do a 20 hour week over 5 days as the duties are too big... even if the walks were fully prepped for me (which they never are) the travelling and delivery time are 6 hours.

So assuming my DOM does try telling me I'm on a 5 day week how do I best tackle this?

Annual leave Entitlement

21 Mar 2017, 08:32

wacko74 wrote:Right then, here's my issue...

As I've said, the only contract I've ever signed was 15 years ago for 30 hours over 6 days but that's pretty much irrelevant as since then my hours have gone up and down and I've moved offices twice so I've lost track of things a bit.

In my new office I'm on 20 hours a week with no formal recognition of how many days that is supposed to be over, however on a flat week when I do no overtime I only work 3 days (2x7hrs and 1x6hrs) so to my mind I'm on a 3 day week.

However I suspect when I come to discuss my Annual Leave entitlement with my DOM he''ll try saying I'm expected to be working/available to do a 5 day week (even though I've not signed a contract stating this)... if my leave entitlement is 15 days then that only gives me 3 weeks a year off, where as on a 3 day week that 15 days would give me 5 weeks off.

In my office, as with most others I suspect, it would be impossible to do a 20 hour week over 5 days as the duties are too big... even if the walks were fully prepped for me (which they never are) the travelling and delivery time are 6 hours.

So assuming my DOM does try telling me I'm on a 5 day week how do I best tackle this?

Can't you ask for a copy of your leave form? This would show exactly how many days you have entitlement to.

Annual leave Entitlement

21 Mar 2017, 17:31

wacko74 wrote:Right then, here's my issue...

The PSP now works on leave based on hours. So whether you work 3 days or 5 days the number of hours per week remains the same - 20.

However, if your manager has said you are entitled to 15 days then you are on a 3 day week. If you have 30 thats 6 weeks.

In essence, if the manager wants you available 5 days a week then you get the full leave in days, if he wants you to have 15 days leave, then you are not required to be available to work for all 5 days - only 3 of them, unless you want the overtime. They can't have it both ways.

Annual leave Entitlement

22 Mar 2017, 01:10

I was a PHG for 14 years and since the PSP came in I had kept a seperate spreadsheet of how may days/weeks were still owed to the posties. Nobody cared how many hours you were due! They must have cottoned on though as subsequent spreadsheets couldn't be updated. After years of s**t I've since left that post to be regular postie and its by far the best decision I've made!

Annual leave Entitlement

23 Mar 2017, 07:26

Thanks again for the further replies, I didn't actually realise that leave was now calculated in hours which makes it more straight forward as far as I'm concerned
Last edited by wacko74 on 27 Mar 2017, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.

Annual leave Entitlement

27 Mar 2017, 15:17

Still not managed to get a copy of my leave card yet... it's like asking for a magic elephant sprinkled with fairy dust!

Could someone please confirm how much basic annual leave IN HOURS is entitled for full time 39 hours with 15 years service?

Also I POAL £5.67 a week, adding up to £294.84 a year, exactly what figure do I divide this by to find out how many hours I've bought?

Many thanks!

Annual leave Entitlement

27 Mar 2017, 17:10

wacko74 wrote:Still not managed to get a copy of my leave card yet... it's like asking for a magic elephant sprinkled with fairy dust!

Could someone please confirm how much basic annual leave IN HOURS is entitled for full time 39 hours with 15 years service?

Also I POAL £5.67 a week, adding up to £294.84 a year, exactly what figure do I divide this by to find out how many hours I've bought?

Many thanks!

If you are purchasing up to 6 weeks which it looks like then on a 39 hour contract that will be 234 hours.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2