ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Van Retention-problem parking outside home

18 Mar 2017, 09:50

I live on a terrace road with no off road car parking so there is plenty of double parking and half on kerb etc..and there are times I have to double park.
The road can get busy at peak times so It's just a matter of time before there's an accident and a red RM van would be an easy target to put the blame on.
So what I want to know is am I able to park the van 100 metres down the road where it's much more safely parked or should I just give the van retention back?

18 Mar 2017, 12:55

They make that judgement, you provide all details/pictures where parked or alternatives to you.
Parking on kerb though, "Traffic act" comes into play.

18 Mar 2017, 15:29

iHateD2Ds wrote:I live on a terrace road with no off road car parking so there is plenty of double parking and half on kerb etc..and there are times I have to double park.
The road can get busy at peak times so It's just a matter of time before there's an accident and a red RM van would be an easy target to put the blame on.
So what I want to know is am I able to park the van 100 metres down the road where it's much more safely parked or should I just give the van retention back?

Our office would only allow van retention by people who had acceptable parking so best telling the managers the situation and letting them make that call.

18 Mar 2017, 17:27

Refused me van retention because of terrace house.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1