ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Rolling day off question

16 Mar 2017, 21:31

Hi guys new here and not been on the post for long also.

Just worked out the days off and my long weekend Monday falls on a BH does this mean I get the day back in lieu or do I get it on the Tuesday?

Thanks in advance.

Rolling day off question

16 Mar 2017, 22:55

Day back in lieu,my long weekend also falls over the bank holiday.

Rolling day off question

16 Mar 2017, 22:56

They will try to give you a day in lieu (which you will find very difficult to take later on) but you are entitled to another day off that week or get paid for it (no chance!) but you may well get pressured to accept a lieu day. If you don't want the lieu day kick off and stick to your guns!

Rolling day off question

16 Mar 2017, 23:20

Just make sure they credit you with it. They have a nasty habit of forgetting! :roll:

Rolling day off question

16 Mar 2017, 23:49

Ask to book a single day holiday as Lieu day, as soon as possible. If they wouldn't give you the day off, of your choice, ask for it as paid.

Good Luck.

Rolling day off question

17 Mar 2017, 09:08

You can also ask for another day off in that week. Or ask it to be paid to you as overtime if you would rather that than getting a days holiday back. They will probably tell you that you can't but it's right there in black and white in the employment policy.

Rolling day off question

17 Mar 2017, 20:12

Many find it easier to do a "b/h excess" overtime claim, than get a lieu day that you never seem to be able to use.

Rolling day off question

18 Mar 2017, 06:30

Sorry to depress you further but I'm in the same boat as you and have worked out that every BH this year will fall on my rest day. I figure I'll be owed a whole extra week over the course of the year.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1