ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Types of walk

16 Feb 2017, 17:58

If you are finding that a certain type of walk is causing you discomfort/pain where others aren't, are there any steps that can be taken?

Types of walk

16 Feb 2017, 18:40

Not this ;
:Applause

Types of walk

22 Feb 2017, 19:23

Dayman! wrote:If you are finding that a certain type of walk is causing you discomfort/pain where others aren't, are there any steps that can be taken?

Not really, but delivering d2d to shops can be awkwaurd.

Me: afternoon sir/madam here is your post
Sales Assistant: Thank you very much, wait ummm...
Me: Oh it's just your junk mail for this week, enjoy!
Sales Assistant: Oh ok thanks then. Have a good afternoon!
Me: You too
* I turn around, as i'm walking out the door i hear the sound of the bin rattling* :arrrghhh

X 150 Every Day
STORY OF MY LIFE :Boo hoo!

Types of walk

22 Feb 2017, 20:02

Dantheunit wrote:
Dayman! wrote:If you are finding that a certain type of walk is causing you discomfort/pain where others aren't, are there any steps that can be taken?

@dayman, you need firstly to get medical support.

@danunit, they are for business? as most are residential only

Types of walk

23 Feb 2017, 08:06

Dantheunit wrote:

Me: afternoon sir/madam here is your post
Sales Assistant: Thank you very much, wait ummm...
Me: Oh it's just your junk mail for this week, enjoy!
Sales Assistant: Oh ok thanks then. Have a good afternoon!
Me: You too
* I turn around, as i'm walking out the door i hear the sound of the bin rattling* :arrrghhh

X 150 Every Day
STORY OF MY LIFE :Boo hoo!

I thought D2D's were only delivered to residential addresses and not commercial premises? At least that's what we were once told.

Types of walk

23 Feb 2017, 08:14

and me residential only for d to 2 in less told by manager that a certain contract is different.

Types of walk

23 Feb 2017, 10:53

woody38 wrote:and me residential only for d to 2 in less told by manager that a certain contract is different.

Yep, or you can tell by the amount of each d2d you have. About 80 shops and offices on my walk so if I get 80 extra D2d's of 1 type I know they have to go everywhere. Dominoes pizza is 1 I get regularly, which is a bit embarrassing when I have to deliver one to another pizza chain on my walk.

Types of walk

23 Feb 2017, 17:03

Your weekly d2d control sheet will indicate opt outs, streets, residential, all delivery points etc. We get them for individual walk every Monday.

Types of walk

23 Feb 2017, 18:13

Destiny wrote:Your weekly d2d control sheet will indicate opt outs, streets, residential, all delivery points etc. We get them for individual walk every Monday.

I want to transfer to your office. I'm lucky if I get my weekly sheet by Thursday, and more often than not on a Friday another set of d2ds with the mumbled phrase "there's these as well, filter the rest in next week will you Darwinsdad"

Types of walk

23 Feb 2017, 18:23

First step GP.
If GP agrees next step meeting with management.
Explain situation and ask for OHS referral.
If OHS agrees ask for suitable ring fenced duty.
After refusal get union involved.
After months of tea and biscuits and not much else return to step one and repeat.
After repeating 10 times take IHR.

Types of walk

23 Feb 2017, 18:28

Darwinsdad wrote:
Destiny wrote:
I want to transfer to your office. I'm lucky if I get my weekly sheet by Thursday, and more often than not on a Friday another set of d2ds with the mumbled phrase "there's these as well, filter the rest in next week will you Darwinsdad"

Rep will push it at SI meeting for you. Took a while but that's a mangers job.
Second bit, rep asap on it. They are time paid for as in that week nothing more. Not even a reasonable instruction for end of week regularly.

Types of walk

23 Feb 2017, 19:00

wacko74 wrote:
I thought D2D's were only delivered to residential addresses and not commercial premises? At least that's what we were once told.

It actually tells you on the label attached to the box whether they are residential or all addresses.
You know the label that tells you how much you are paid for that D2D contract. It always says 0.00p. So why do people think we still get paid for D2D?

Types of walk

23 Feb 2017, 19:00

Destiny wrote:
Darwinsdad wrote:
Rep will push it at SI meeting for you. Took a while but that's a mangers job.
Second bit, rep asap on it. They are time paid for as in that week nothing more. Not even a reasonable instruction for end of week regularly.

The above been done. Not as bad as it used to be. Now it's a case of date sheet recieved and date lino informed of missing contracts entered in comments box at the bottom by me. Any extras for that week left over. Lino/managers problem after that.

Types of walk

23 Feb 2017, 21:01

fishtank wrote:

First step GP.
If GP agrees next step meeting with management.
Explain situation and ask for OHS referral.
If OHS agrees ask for suitable ring fenced duty.
After refusal get union involved.
After months of tea and biscuits and not much else return to step one and repeat.
After repeating 10 times take IHR.

Thanks, it's a niggling knee pain I can feel when doing a town/walking delivery but is fine on rurals.
Will see to getting it looked at.

Types of walk

09 Mar 2017, 16:25

I've been to my gp this week and have been given a referral for physio.

Anyone else been down this route with knee issues?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2