ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Bank Holiday Entitlement

15 Feb 2017, 19:34

Hi,

I work 1 day per week. So do I get bank holiday time pro-rata? I think I should be entitled to 1.5 days per year (8/5) but have not had it added to my annual leave for the past 3 years. If I am entitled to it, will be backdated for the past 3 years?

Bank Holiday Entitlement

15 Feb 2017, 21:36

What day do you work? If your work days do not include a Monday then you won't get holiday entitlement as you have the day off anyway.

Bank Holiday Entitlement

16 Feb 2017, 00:27

I work Saturdays.
I've found this in the policies:

If you have a part-time contract, your bank holiday allowance will be pro-rated depending on the
number of days you work, e.g.:
» 5 day contract – full entitlement of 8 bank holidays
» 2 day contract – 3 bank holidays

If I worked Mondays I would have the days off, so surely because Monday is a day off for me, I should get it as annual leave entitlement?

Bank Holiday Entitlement

16 Feb 2017, 07:43

I have this document saved on my computer but I can't seem to post the link on here so I've just copied the relevant bit. Yes you are entitled to 1.5 days a year, even if you don't work Mondays and if that was me, I'd insist on them backdating it.

Number of days worked per week
Calculation Number of days worked per week divided by five (working days in the week) multiplied by eight (number of bank holidays in a normal year)
Number of bank holiday entitlement days due (rounded to nearest half day)
1 1 divided by 5 multiplied by 8 1.6 (rounding to 1.5 days) 2 2 divided by 5 multiplied by 8 3.2 (rounding to 3 days) 3 3 divided by 5 multiplied by 8 4.8 (rounding to 5 days) 4 Full Bank Holiday Entitlement 8 5 Full Bank Holiday Entitlement 8

Bank Holiday Entitlement

16 Feb 2017, 16:35

Jammie1000000 wrote:I work Saturdays.
I've found this in the policies:

If you have a part-time contract, your bank holiday allowance will be pro-rated depending on the
number of days you work, e.g.:
» 5 day contract – full entitlement of 8 bank holidays
» 2 day contract – 3 bank holidays

If I worked Mondays I would have the days off, so surely because Monday is a day off for me, I should get it as annual leave entitlement?

Yes, but only a maximum of 1.5 bank holidays a year (4.5 over 3 years). Your basic legal entitlement (which can include bank holidays) is 5.6 days leave a year. Your RM entitlement is 4.5 days. Added together would mean 6 or 5 days a year.

I would double check your holidays over the last 3 years, if you have taken 6 days each year then you may have had the public holidays without knowing. If you haven't then you may have to consider raising a grievance.

Bank Holiday Entitlement

16 Feb 2017, 17:08

I haven't had the entitlement added to my annual leave, therefore it is saying i'm carrying over -ve days, with the bank holiday entitlement added it will be +ve. Just making sure it can be backdated.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1