ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Left over leave

14 Feb 2017, 23:51

I've 10 days left unassigned to take before April .Ive been told very unlikely getting it before April ,how's it roll over etc & am I entitled to demand it within the 2016-2017 period?

Left over leave

14 Feb 2017, 23:53

It will be carried over in next financial year but I think only 5 days. But again it is down to Dom's discretion. Don't know if you can demand time off that easily as you will have to get union rep involved.

Left over leave

15 Feb 2017, 00:08

Darren Bent wrote:It will be carried over in next financial year but I think only 5 days. But again it is down to Dom's discretion. Don't know if you can demand time off that easily as you will have to get union rep involved.

All days will be carried over they cannot just take your leave off you.

Left over leave

15 Feb 2017, 04:54

its 5 day only but if you been on long term sick you can carry more than 5 days hope this helps you.

Left over leave

15 Feb 2017, 10:51

But if you willing to take your leave before the end of the leave year but the DOM cannot fit it in then i would be asking that all of it gets rolled over until next year because it's not your fault. Maybe your rep needs to speak to the DOM about the leave ceiling if there are problems with people fiting in their leave entitlement.

Left over leave

15 Feb 2017, 13:24

1. Do you buy extra leave.

2. Have you been long term sick.

If 1 is No then at least a majority of the 10 days will be statutory leave and whilst they can tell you when to take it, it must be within the current leave year - thats the law.

If 2 is yes then you an automatic right to carry forward any leave you have been unable to take. http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=3868

In RM you automatically carry forward 5 days, anything over should be applied for in writing. A guess a grievance is a form of application in writing. :wink:

My advice - contact a rep and get them to help sort it, at least you'll have a witness. Also I would be asking for a guarantee that you WILL be able to take ALL of next years leave, plus this years carry over. Otherwise you could be having this happen for years to come. (as has happened in numerous offices)

Left over leave

15 Feb 2017, 18:24

My 11days carried over just make sure get annual leave card print out and keep.safe

Left over leave

15 Feb 2017, 18:40

Thanks for the replies
I didn't buy any leave but was on a sabbatical from March-Aug & was on sick for approximately one month at the end of last year.

On another issue (I may post seperatly)whilst off my leave for 2017-2018 was allocated in my absence.Not so bothered but don't have a 2 week block until October & would like to add a week on to a week they allocated me in April 2017 as I'm planning a trip to Thailand around then & a week isn't sufficient.Would I be in my rights to ask for my roll over leave be added to this?
Thanks

Left over leave

16 Feb 2017, 16:00

Williamleeds wrote:Thanks for the replies
I didn't buy any leave but was on a sabbatical from March-Aug & was on sick for approximately one month at the end of last year.

On another issue (I may post seperatly)whilst off my leave for 2017-2018 was allocated in my absence.Not so bothered but don't have a 2 week block until October & would like to add a week on to a week they allocated me in April 2017 as I'm planning a trip to Thailand around then & a week isn't sufficient.Would I be in my rights to ask for my roll over leave be added to this?
Thanks

You have a right to ask, they don't have to grant it though.

You say you have 10 days left and were on a sabbatical for 5 months of the leave year. This would suggest that almost all of the amount left over could be Statutory. However, its is complicated with RM so if you want to push it further I'd suggest getting an experienced Area Reps advice.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1