ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE:UPDATE:GE JUNE 8 2017... HERE

Strikes are coming

11 Jan 2017, 18:05

Looks like cwu is getting ready for some industrial action this year,it's been a while since we had the old oil drum barbecue out

Strikes are coming

11 Jan 2017, 19:18

why strike and lose more money , work to rule , start on time , meal reliefs , use methods , finish on your time , don't work your days off no o/t then see how that affects the company , s**t hitting the fan comes to mind. :thumbup

Strikes are coming

11 Jan 2017, 19:30

Dont rely on it. You don't fight pension theft by staging stunts or writing post cards.

"THIS TIME, THROWN TO THE REINDEER
Amazing. The Crown Office mates went out on strike for the whole week before Xmas (5 days in all) - and CWU HQ's only "contribution" was to stage a costly stunt outside the government's business department - and they didn’t even invite us (or our kids!).
Said the union press office: "the CWU delivered amid great fanfare over 750,000 postcards ... protesting at the closures"... in a... "special delivery conducted by Santa and his sleigh with the help of two live reindeer and a snow machine"... Call us tight-arsed, but WTF!!?? Yeah, instead of ensuring PO workers had a chance of winning, by getting as many of us out alongside them as possible, (our pensions are under the exact same threat, 30% loss - and cuts loom!), CWU officials stage a Xmas party for tourists??"

Strikes are coming

11 Jan 2017, 22:03

I have been on strike every time they have gone out in 30 years, but this time I will X picket lines, what do the unions do for us on a local level, answer nothing, we have a uniion rep but they do nothing, never tell us what's going on, loads of people at our place have left the union at our place.

Strikes are coming

11 Jan 2017, 23:10

Think total refusal of overtime for a month is more effective.

Strikes are coming

11 Jan 2017, 23:16

Funny how the director level and above wont be affected ?

Strikes are coming

12 Jan 2017, 05:43

I'm not striking just so the CWU can 'agree' change. Done that too often in the past and look at us now. We have the worst working conditions I've ever experienced. Saturdays, we just might as well be shopworkers. And an out-of-control management structure.
Work-to-rule, yes. Strike, no.

Strikes are coming

12 Jan 2017, 08:25

I agree with the work to rule / time thing. It will highlight problems with how the company is run and will still cause chaos. I wouldn't strike but I would for sure do everything to the book and work to time for a month. You got to wonder about a place where doing everything to the rules will cause it to collapse. Even 1 rule like waiting 3 mins for each packet will add an hour everyone's delivery time making sure they can't complete. Add on top of that only flicking through the bundle when stood still etc... I bet a lot of postie's will bring back half a walk every day.

Strikes are coming

12 Jan 2017, 09:57

woopesh wrote:I agree with the work to rule / time thing. It will highlight problems with how the company is run and will still cause chaos. I wouldn't strike but I would for sure do everything to the book and work to time for a month. You got to wonder about a place where doing everything to the rules will cause it to collapse. Even 1 rule like waiting 3 mins for each packet will add an hour everyone's delivery time making sure they can't complete. Add on top of that only flicking through the bundle when stood still etc... I bet a lot of postie's will bring back half a walk every day.

Totally agree with this, I've been telling people in my office to do this

Strikes are coming

12 Jan 2017, 10:01

On the one hand people on here moan about how many guys start early and cut the job up and then they dream about some kind of work to rule where fantasy posties are bringing back half a walk.

Get a grip ffs.
If you don't have the courage to put up a fight to save your terms and conditions just admit it, don't look for a get out clause.

Strikes are coming

12 Jan 2017, 10:17

if cwu f**k this one up our whole office will leave union why pay for subs might as well save the £3 every week
people better wake up to what is a class war emerging
the spivs in the city are stealing your pensions and benefits you worked for

Strikes are coming

12 Jan 2017, 10:20

Don't think it's a question of courage, fish. I've lost count of the strkes called by the CWU that I've been on, the one sure thing I do know though, always walked back to a worse job after every single one.
I'd go out for however long it takes, for absolute refusal of change, but not agreed change.

Strikes are coming

12 Jan 2017, 10:23

fishtank wrote:On the one hand people on here moan about how many guys start early and cut the job up and then they dream about some kind of work to rule where fantasy posties are bringing back half a walk.

Get a grip ffs.
If you don't have the courage to put up a fight to save your terms and conditions just admit it, don't look for a get out clause.

:Applause :Applause

Well said.

If guys can't see what this is really about and think that this would be settled by simple doing the job properly then they are living in fantasy land.

We must put our faith in the union as a whole (And yes I do know stories of woe about how they never done this for me and they never done that) but we must stand united on this one or just roll over and die.
A union is only as strong as it's members so we can't bemoan our executives if we do not back them.

Royal Mail propose what is basically a stakeholder pension which is set up to keep you just above the breadline in retirement.

This will be the first of many attacks on our terms and conditions going forward due to the ever increasing demand of the shareholder for their return on their investment and if we show we have no backbone then I can see the race to the bottom being complete in this business.

Strikes are coming

12 Jan 2017, 11:51

This will go 1 of 2 ways.

We accept the £750 and get shafted.

We threaten to strike, accept £1000 and get shafted.

Remember the members overwhelming voted in our last pay deal because we'd be backdated all of £30odd

Strikes are coming

12 Jan 2017, 14:31

fishtank wrote:On the one hand people on here moan about how many guys start early and cut the job up and then they dream about some kind of work to rule where fantasy posties are bringing back half a walk.

Get a grip ffs.

How would you fight then fishy?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 6   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6