ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : INFORMATION ON SEVERE WEATHER THREADS... HERE

Duty start and finish times

10 Jan 2017, 15:34

I may be moved from my duty to a different one .( Long story).At the moment I do three six and a half hour days and three longer days of nine and a half.(Wallington rotation)
If I move the new duty will be all standard days ,I have been that I should have three months notice of duty time changes .Is this correct? Mine is the only duty in the office that has the different hours.
Cheers.

10 Jan 2017, 18:46

antcpfc wrote:I may be moved from my duty to a different one .( Long story).At the moment I do three six and a half hour days and three longer days of nine and a half.(Wallington rotation)
If I move the new duty will be all standard days ,I have been that I should have three months notice of duty time changes .Is this correct? Mine is the only duty in the office that has the different hours.
Cheers.

You are working 3X 6.5 hrs = 19.5 hrs + 3X9.5 hrs = 28.5 hrs giving a total of 48 hrs. Banking 9 hrs per week and as you are the only duty in the office that has these hours how is your week off covered in these hours. If you have signed for this duty then your starting/finishing times should not be changed unless by mutual agreement or has been included in a business driven change incorporating other duties. You state a " Long story" but would need more specific info to try and give you the best answer.

10 Jan 2017, 19:32

48 hours gives me the one week off in six.The whole office is on this .I had a driving accident and they want me to do retraining.It wasn't my fault so I am going to tell them to stick it and I will become a walker in shared van.

10 Jan 2017, 21:51

antcpfc wrote:48 hours gives me the one week off in six.The whole office is on this .I had a driving accident and they want me to do retraining.It wasn't my fault so I am going to tell them to stick it and I will become a walker in shared van.

Bad idea telling them to stick it you may be walking out of a job.

11 Jan 2017, 16:31

It Is not compulsory to do the retraining and after thirty years plenty of people will be leaving my office before me.Someone will want my duty and I will become a floater.