ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Question regarding D2D's

10 Jan 2017, 15:50

I originally were one of 2 postmen on F/T duties on P/L . Two years ago my partner on the round left and he has never been replaced.
My partners on the round now are various 25 hour Part timers and not the 39 hour Fulltime as previously.
The problem I have is that I come in at my start time of 6.15am and the P/T at 7.40 am which is a difference of 1 hour 25 mins.
They (DOM) get the 1st lot of walk sorted thrown in the frame for my P/T partner but that's it , so to me taking in to account that the walksorted has been thrown off it makes us fall behind. Also the DOM expects me to throw both frames of D2D's off as well. surely this isn't right.
Shouldn't my partner have been replaced with another F/T employee?

Question regarding D2D's

10 Jan 2017, 15:55

This is the future work as instructed and to your time and go home. If you can't complete that's down to the manager staffing the office

Question regarding D2D's

10 Jan 2017, 17:12

Your Dom should have an indoor plan which takes into account how many d2d you have and how long it will take to throw them in. If it takes longer than you have available you should be getting assistance. Why is the d2d not being prepped in first anyway?

Question regarding D2D's

10 Jan 2017, 18:02

More indoor work, means less outdoor work.....if you cant complete, then cut off.

Question regarding D2D's

10 Jan 2017, 18:27

There are a lot of FT staff that have PT partners, some of which come in around 8.15am so its down to the FT staff to prep both duties but to leave the D2Ds for when the Part timer comes in to prep. In our office it can be done and can still get out for around 9.30am. Im a reserve and some of the duties im not 100% familiar with and I can get get both walks prepped before my partner starts work and then we will do packets together. I do agree sometimes you are cutting it fine with time and if that happens we agree to leave a few oversized packets.

Question regarding D2D's

10 Jan 2017, 19:49

It sounds about right, we have the full timer prepping both duties. The part timer is meant to come in and bag up and leave. It rarely works of course.

eastie wrote:The problem I have is that I come in at my start time of 6.15am and the P/T at 7.40 am

That's dead early for a part timer. I don't start til 9:30!

You seem to have different finish times, how does that work?

Question regarding D2D's

10 Jan 2017, 20:28

NewPostieUK wrote:It sounds about right, we have the full timer prepping both duties. The part timer is meant to come in and bag up and leave. It rarely works of course.

eastie wrote:The problem I have is that I come in at my start time of 6.15am and the P/T at 7.40 am

That's dead early for a part timer. I don't start til 9:30!

You seem to have different finish times, how does that work?
it doesn't, I have earlier finish times on Tuesday and Saturday but my P/T partner is the same time every day

Question regarding D2D's

10 Jan 2017, 20:32

We are moving to base and 6 next week both rounds double slots and only one person is allowed on the frame at a time, even the rural are been doubled up together! Clueless the lot of them.

Question regarding D2D's

11 Jan 2017, 11:12

Basically Households are considered "Live Mail" Eastie. So just prep both Duties in Royal Mails Time 1st thing (1/6th a day). It may cost you more time but that's your DOMs problem. IF it impacts on how much time you have to Deliver you'll have to tell him and let HIM sort the problem out.

I love the way DOMs get the Mech thrown off for you. Big Deal! A bloody monkey can throw of walk sorted Mech. The stuff that comes off the IPS is the stuff that needs a knowledge of the Frame layout and takes the most time! :crazy: Once you start to use the over running procedure I bet your DOM will start getting someone to throw off the households....anything to make sure you're not going to leave any mail behind for him to deal with! :thumbup

Question regarding D2D's

11 Jan 2017, 12:19

they are only live mail under business requirements ours last week 3days to deliver 6 days worth
we were told to deliver where were going and defer rest to this week
i was instructed to do as my manager says

Question regarding D2D's

12 Jan 2017, 18:00

hans solo wrote:they are only live mail under business requirements ours last week 3days to deliver 6 days worth
we were told to deliver where were going and defer rest to this week
i was instructed to do as my manager says

Sounds about right. I used to like the old system where we had enhanced D2D payment if they arrived late (leaving you less time)! :thumbup That was a right cock up by the Union, when they re-negotiated the Household payments....... should only have been voted on by the people who have to throw off & deliver them. :crazy:

I love the way Management move the goal posts when it suits them..... If it's heavy you'll hear them say, "Just stream the mail", if you decided to do it they'd accuse you of Delaying the Mail. :cuppa

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1