ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

How to take a sick day

08 Jan 2017, 23:13

Hello everyone, I'm still new here been a postie for 3 months or so, don't want to go into to much detail but tonight I'm feeling rather ill, not been of the toilet all afternoon.... what do I do? Am I aloud to take a sick day or will I get the sack?

How to take a sick day

08 Jan 2017, 23:34

yes but unpaid I'm sure

you won't get sacked

How to take a sick day

09 Jan 2017, 00:05

Thanks, do I just text the manager tomorrow? It's unlikely I'll be getting any sleep so could do it tonight

How to take a sick day

09 Jan 2017, 00:22

Decpassat06 wrote:Thanks, do I just text the manager tomorrow? It's unlikely I'll be getting any sleep so could do it tonight

I wouldn't text

Phone in at least half hour before you are due to start

How to take a sick day

09 Jan 2017, 00:42

Decpassat06 wrote:Thanks, do I just text the manager tomorrow? It's unlikely I'll be getting any sleep so could do it tonight

Phone in tomorrow as soon as you think the manager will be in - the earlier you phone, the easier it is for him/her to arrange cover. Not that arranging cover is any of your concern, but it will probably make the overpaid and under-employed twat less argumentative.

How to take a sick day

09 Jan 2017, 16:56

Decpassat06 wrote:Hello everyone, I'm still new here been a postie for 3 months or so, don't want to go into to much detail but tonight I'm feeling rather ill, not been of the toilet all afternoon.... what do I do? Am I aloud to take a sick day or will I get the sack?

If you are unwell and unable to work and inform your line manager of this giving him/her sufficient time to cover your duty then there is no fear of you being sacked but as you are fairly new and have not mentioned that you may be still on a probation period then there is the likelihood that this may be extended. Your absence will be unpaid and should it progress into further days you willreceive SSP from the 4th day of absence. First 7 days would be a self-certificate and thereafter a GP fit note.

How to take a sick day

09 Jan 2017, 18:44

Decpassat06 wrote:Hello everyone, I'm still new here been a postie for 3 months or so, don't want to go into to much detail but tonight I'm feeling rather ill, not been of the toilet all afternoon.... what do I do? Am I aloud to take a sick day or will I get the sack?

ALLOWED

How to take a sick day

09 Jan 2017, 21:10

PHARRY wrote:

ALLOWED

What?

How to take a sick day

09 Jan 2017, 22:02

Decpassat06 wrote:
PHARRY wrote:

ALLOWED

What?

He is referring to your use of 'aloud' instead of 'allowed' but he missed the 'of' instead of 'off'....not your biggest concern in the situation you were in
I would imagine LOL, hope you're feeling better.

How to take a sick day

12 Jan 2017, 15:03

Can a line manager have the right to phone me and demand me have a face to face interview?
I have been off since Monday and ive been asked to come in to the DO tomorrow to have a face to face

How to take a sick day

12 Jan 2017, 15:14

newbie75 wrote:Can a line manager have the right to phone me and demand me have a face to face interview?
I have been off since Monday and ive been asked to come in to the DO tomorrow to have a face to face

He can ask but you can say no

How to take a sick day

12 Jan 2017, 15:18

that's exactly what I said going back in the cold to do a silly face to face interviews not going to clear it up any faster

How to take a sick day

12 Jan 2017, 18:01

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=75333

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1