ANNOUNCEMENT : LATEST NEWS ON THE FRESH ALLOCATION OF SHARES... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE... HERE

Strike Tactics are all wrong

23 Oct 2009, 01:28

Surely we should be all out on the same day in the same 24 hour period.

Delivery staff delivering today and the public asking why they arent on strike. Explain that its Sorting offices today and they just look at you blankly. Also with the attached offices (ie delivery office within a mail centre) they are going to be back tomorrow after being out today and everyone will be asking them why they arent out on strike.

Also why the next day for deliveries anyways. Mailcentres had their nightshift finish at 6am Thursday.
That stuff is then delivered as normal Thursday by the footies.
Mail Centres then strike Thursday and nothing generated to the Delivery Office for Friday when they are out.
Instead an absolute hammering on a Saturday

What would your tactics be ?

i just think
a) everyone out on same day
b) random days each week

Re: Strike Tactics are all wrong

23 Oct 2009, 02:11

So long as 'Deliveries' lead the attack, its the best way to go -

The Mail Centre is the Engine

The Delivery Office is the Exhaust

At the moment the Exhaust is clear as most delivery offices worked yesterday, hence the Engine has been switched off & no Backlog or only a very Minimal has been achieved. Delivery offices have no work prepared for today. The only work deliveries will have for Saturday is that collected on Friday afternoon -

This is a very, poor poor, can i say , piss poor strategy.

23 Oct 2009, 09:38

:mfo
Last edited by mailroyaly on 23 Oct 2009, 09:42, edited 1 time in total.

23 Oct 2009, 09:39

I agree, the amount of times i got asked on thursday 'I thought u were on strike?' was too many to remember.
I even had some old bat come up to me and say "ooh, you're scabbing are u"
I prefer all out strike days, atleast it makes it easier for the public to understand. :chuckle

23 Oct 2009, 10:32

the way the union are doing it just now is causing more hastle for royal mail than everybody out on 1 day

23 Oct 2009, 11:10

mailroyaly wrote:I agree, the amount of times i got asked on thursday 'I thought u were on strike?' was too many to remember.
I even had some old bat come up to me and say "ooh, you're scabbing are u"
I prefer all out strike days, atleast it makes it easier for the public to understand. :chuckle

Well that "old bat " as you call her is exactly what we want.
We are getting the public on side,she saw a opg and thought he should be supporting the cause and she said so,good on her.The fact it wasnt a strike day is irrelevant,she`ll do it again today if she sees a strike breaker hopefully.

The public are what we need and we are getting,keep them informed,spend time and tell them why we are really striking!!

23 Oct 2009, 11:11

mailman71 wrote:the way the union are doing it just now is causing more hastle for royal mail than everybody out on 1 day

spot on.

23 Oct 2009, 12:03

I couln't agree more Mr Sort the tactics seem wrong to me.

I think:-
Mail centres out on Thursday
Delivery staff in Friday (should be very little mail generated as Mail centres were out yesterday)
Delivery staff out on Saturday when the backlog hits the delivery office...... Surely the way we've done things this time means really we are only one day behind not two the way the media is making it sound?

Not just because I want Saturday off.....really !! Let's say Mail centres out Monday and Delivery staff out Wednesday.

23 Oct 2009, 12:17

Timelord wrote:I couln't agree more Mr Sort the tactics seem wrong to me.

I think:-
Mail centres out on Thursday
Delivery staff in Friday (should be very little mail generated as Mail centres were out yesterday)
Delivery staff out on Saturday when the backlog hits the delivery office...... Surely the way we've done things this time means really we are only one day behind not two the way the media is making it sound?

Not just because I want Saturday off.....really !! Let's say Mail centres out Monday and Delivery staff out Wednesday.

Your prayers have been answered

Next Week

Thursday - MCs
Fridays - MDeCs
Saturday - Deliveries

26 Oct 2009, 15:47

Much more logical!!

Maybe it'll all be sorted out before then.

26 Oct 2009, 16:45

TBT, our rep says we are out thurs as we are a delivery unit within a mail center is this correct assuming that there not called off :confused

26 Oct 2009, 18:05

fatherchristmas wrote:TBT, our rep says we are out thurs as we are a delivery unit within a mail center is this correct assuming that there not called off :confused

DO's in MC's will be out Thursday, we will never get a Saturday off working out of the MC because there is so few staff on a Saturday in a MC.

26 Oct 2009, 18:57

fatherchristmas wrote:TBT, our rep says we are out thurs as we are a delivery unit within a mail center is this correct assuming that there not called off :confused

Yep - your rep and Stormproof have it spot on .

26 Oct 2009, 21:11

fartherchristmas.....i'm in the same boat, we're a delivery office based at mail centre, be prepared for plenly of "i thought you were on strike" again. must have had it at least 30+ times last friday.